megasquirt 2 issues

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
4gotn

megasquirt 2 issues

Post by 4gotn »

i bought a ms2 and im having a bit of trouble wiring it up
ive got the ign wire going into the sgt signal wire and power and ground hooked up but im not receiving any singal...
ive wired the board for a hall sensor and direct coil ignition but cant seem to get the effing thing to crank...
if ANYONE has ANY experience with this system please post
the ms people arnt all to willing to help even tough ive paid over 500 in items....
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: megasquirt 2 issues

Post by umcamara »

I see you last posted in the "Engine Electronics & Tuning" forum on June 15th. That may be your best bet again.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

:le sigh:
well i figured it was worth a shot with all the bp swaps people do
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny

marcdh

Post by marcdh »

it should crank regardless of signal surely. Even when I had no RPM reading it still cranked. Also be aware of the dizzy wire order changing through the years.

If you're output is SGT, then how would you get signal from it? You need, ground, 12V, ignition pulses going into the dizzy and the output of your dizzy's hall for the megasquirt to get the RPM. I've forgotten which wires are which though plus I'm v6, sorry dude! Free bump if nothing else!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

the car turns but doesnt crank
there are four wires going into the dist
12v,ground,primarry trigger,tdc trigger
the rpms will read off the negative side of the coil because the coil i suposed to ground through the ecu to provide ignition

i am thinking about trying to reinstall the module and just using the signal from the sgc (individual triggers i believe) to fire the coil and just leaving the pin36 to read the rpms>??

Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Does the 94 disty have a cam sensor? Megasquirt uses the cam sensor does it not?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

1. i can run off any ign sensor that would trigger the ecu
2. im not using the factory disty for a 94 its the first gen model like on the proteges

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”