MX3 GIRL CAR

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Mad Cow

Re: MX3 GIRL CAR

Post by Mad Cow »

nightfire wrote:The MX-3 is a chick car... but I'm comfortable enough with my masculinity. :)

The main problem is the pedals are too light.. clutch, brake, and gas. But a bigger spring on the throttle, a more aggressive clutch, and a um... dual proportioning valves for the brakes? :p It can be un-chicked.
My clutch and brake pedals are pretty heavy, but yea I hate the throttle pedal. What kind of spring will fit to make it stiffer?
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Mad Cow wrote:
nightfire wrote:The MX-3 is a chick car... but I'm comfortable enough with my masculinity. :)

The main problem is the pedals are too light.. clutch, brake, and gas. But a bigger spring on the throttle, a more aggressive clutch, and a um... dual proportioning valves for the brakes? :p It can be un-chicked.
My clutch and brake pedals are pretty heavy, but yea I hate the throttle pedal. What kind of spring will fit to make it stiffer?
Good question... anyone know? I'd like to do this at some point.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

+1

I always laugh at the gangstas in their sideways hats with the stickers driving the jacked up toyotas with huge exhaust and no balls. Or the middle aged men in nicer trucks, but just as played out.

Why? Because a truck is good for only a few things. One is hauling stuff. When you jack it up, you lose this. Two is sleeping in. This is never lost. Three is the box, but who wants to load into a box thats at chest height? The loud exhaust doesn't get you much but a bunch of angry eye-rolling people. Altezzas are for imports(fact), not sure why its on your Dakota. And I hate your macho attitude. I'd take you to the cleaners in my 20 year old 1.8. Sound isn't speed. And chirping tires in a truck is way easier because the weight ratio is like 80/20...

What I do like is the ones who actually have the power. 5-8L turbodesiel w/ dualies and stock 4" pipe. Haha... I'd rock those. But keep your b2200/ranger as a boot around farm truck.

So, no, its only a chick car if you're looking down at it from your prosthetic balls.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Mad Cow wrote:

i just found a spring floating around the garage and put it JUST like that! SUPER SUPER stiff gas pedal:] i like it
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

and if you say it will break. Its been like that for almost a year

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

^ Dude, have you found the edit button?

Why would you want a stiffer pedal...? I like my touchy pedals. Gives you a better feel... Not to mention I don't have cruise and live in the prairies.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

If you're worried about driving a "Girl Car" you have much bigger problems than deciding what car to drive...like how will I ever drag my stoopid a** out of the stone age? Where will I ever get the self esteem to stop caring what people think when they see me driving a car they don't think is manly enough? When will I learn to stop buying into stereotypes!?!?!

Those sorts of things need to be addressed before worrying if your car is too girlie.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Ryan wrote:^ Dude, have you found the edit button?

Why would you want a stiffer pedal...? I like my touchy pedals. Gives you a better feel... Not to mention I don't have cruise and live in the prairies.
I want stiffer pedals all around to make it easier to control in high-G maneuvers.

I'm a big muscular guy (chick car eh.. hah! :p) and I have a hard time regulating the gas & brake when the car's throwing me about.

Honestly I'd prefer about 50% more brake effort (so locking up the tires requires maybe 50lbs of force) and 75% more gas effort.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

Who cares if it is or not...a car is whatever you want it to be. A good example is the Miata MX5. I'll admit, you mostly see fat college girls and gay hair dressers cruising in em, but I have seen a few built up to where I wouldn't mind calling it mine.(meaning the car, not the fat girls or hair dressers)
As for what types of cars "chicks" drive, it's just a stereotype. Now if your'e a dude and your mx3 is hot pink and decked out like the fuzzy pink S2000 in 2Fast 2Furious, then you might have issues...just saying!
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Ryan wrote:^ Dude, have you found the edit button?

i have found the edit button! but why are you so butt hurt about it?

I did it because it was so loose that it was constantly making my idle too high.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

The spring on your TB was so weak the throttle butterfly was sitting open? :confused2: Thats crazy talk.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

there wasn't a spring at all. it was completly absent.. i have no idea what was even supposed to be there.

Whisper

Post by Whisper »

A spring. Probably not that kind, though.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

Girl car? yeah maybe a little... but it makes it even more fun when you pull up to the guy with the 5 litre mustang and pull past him!!!
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I think the mx3 is a chick car. It's a bubble that came in purple and teal :love2:

I think the wrap around spoiler takes some of the chick car out of it by flattening the bubble.

I accept the chick car nature of the mx3, it doesn't bother me. When I get out of the car I'm still 6'4" and still a guy.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”