Parts for B6ME

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jkbreazeale

Parts for B6ME

Post by jkbreazeale »

WITHOUT DOING A MOTOR SWAP... :) What is out there for the B6ME? The intake that I have seen is wayyyy overpriced for the little bit of material that was used, I can't seem to find any headers for it either. I know this is the underpowered motor (a whopping 88 horse) but I love the fuel economy it gets. I also saw on the forum that there is a guy on here turboing his sohc. I dont mind going to a junkyard to frankenstein some parts either as long as it will give the car alittle more power. I am not looking to hit 200 horse... not even 150 horse. But atlease alittle less anemic. Any help is much appreciated. As mentioned, I am not looking to swap into a different B-series motor.
1993 MX-3 RS (my project car) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815854 <- Check out my Cardomain!
1995 MX-3 RS (wife's project car)
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Parts for B6ME

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

corksport has just posted a pic of some proto headers... other than that it's all custom. Don't expect anything much out that engine. Unless you are good friends with a welder, you're never going to get after market parts. You'd be pretty lucky getting 100hp.
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

anybody else?
1993 MX-3 RS (my project car) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815854 <- Check out my Cardomain!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

nah, you're pretty much screwed. Nothing for more pep. just intake/exhaust stuff. You don't ever really see gains anyway unless you modify internals. (valves, cams, piston-C/R, shave head, overbore, P&P, Turrrrbo...)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

stiiiiicky 'r'? Yeah, I figured as much... I know that appearance wise I can use anything from any year, but I was just looking for intakes, underdrive, headers... even if it is not meant for the mx-3 but for a car with a similiar motor I would like to at least try :D
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I think probe 2.0 headers need re drilled and port matched and then they work...

for UDP, not sure. Maybe. I don't know if the B6 and long nose BP are the same style crank. I know short nose isn't.

Intake can be custom fab, but I think there might be some on ebay. Any B series motor one will work, from B6 me/de to BP. all the bays are pretty much the same

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

Speaking of Probes... will a short ram intake from a 93-97 probe work on my motor? It looks like it would and that would get rid of that air box...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-199 ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

Would a DOHC 1.6 UDP work on a SOHC 1.6? (B6-DE to B6-ME)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

No sure. Depends on the belt offset/type... If they're just a few mm out of whack, it'll eat your belt.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

Stumbling across the 4 cylinder FAQ, I found that the BP-DE throttle body from a protege would fit. Went junkyard hunting found a 90 Protege DOHC. Installed it today. Wasn't that much of an improvement but it is definitely a bigger bore. Ported it from 60 to 65mm. I'm happy.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

what'd it do to you economy? I hear a overbored tb can help make fuel disappear.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

I'm not sure, I would have to run a fresh tank of gas in it. Car smells like a 2 cycle. Idles 1500. The adjustment screw doesn't seem to have an effect on it. Then again, I didnt jump the diagnostics box either...
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

jkbreazeale wrote:Would a DOHC 1.6 UDP work on a SOHC 1.6? (B6-DE to B6-ME)
Yes it would bolt up u will need smaller serpentine belts for the alt. waterpump side and another for the ps a/c side. Being that u have a sohc there isn't much u can do to make in any faster than it is. There are no stock turbo manifold that will bolt up to a b6me like there are for the b6-de and bp-de.

The probe 4cly header mod is for the B6-DE not the B6-ME and again SOL. So again go BP or battle with the B6-ME that will near satisfy your power needs like a BP will.

Ryan humm are u slipping on here u seem to give good answers on most of the repeatedly ask ?'s. Rookies they never read nor search, its ok they'll learn in time.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

What do you mean I'm slipping? As in I gave a bad answer, or I'm not bitchy enough? lol.

I try not to comment on the things I have no idea about, and if I have a decent idea, I'll chuck a protective phrase like "I think" or "I'm quite sure" or "I believe" etc...

Looking back at this one, I'm dumb. Clearly they will line up. A b6 is a b6. (I was probably thinking of the GM alternator I helped a buddy put into his 1988 Colt, thats sketchy)

The problem I ran into with B6ME and 1st gen BP is that the keyway is different on the pully/crank. That sucks because 1st gen BP runs V on alt/wp and serp on PS. B6 runs serp all around, and I'd rather run serp, but the b6 pully didn't work on the BP

Yeah.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Ryan wrote:What do you mean I'm slipping? As in I gave a bad answer, or I'm not bitchy enough? .
u didn't give a bad answer not what i meant.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”