street legal performance muffler?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Re: street legal performance muffler?

Post by hgallegos915 »

street legal? what the hell is that? LOL

hey i also gopt an eclipse and i got a speefing ticket in that one and yet not in my mx3 lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

it has nothing to do with how loud it is ... if it is the slightest bit louder than stock its a ticket because of the car you drive ... i have driven my wrangler 4.0l with no exhaust just headers ... loud as sin and passed cops they just smile and wave because big gnarly trucks are cool and don't "race" whereas Japanese sports cars are all "ricers" and up to no good. i was parked in a parking lot one day with my car off and a cop pulled up with his lights on and says "so you have one of those fast and furious cars ... been racing lately"

next time you get stopped ask the officer if what exactly makes your exhaust illegal and when he tells you that its because its too loud ask him for future reference what the acceptable db rating would be ... and if he cant tell you or throws out a number just be like "well then how do you know my exhaust is too loud do you have a db meter?" mind you the key is being polite if your a jerk you will get a ticket for more than just the exhaust.
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

Suresperance wrote:it has nothing to do with how loud it is ... if it is the slightest bit louder than stock its a ticket because of the car you drive ... i have driven my wrangler 4.0l with no exhaust just headers ... loud as sin and passed cops they just smile and wave because big gnarly trucks are cool and don't "race" whereas Japanese sports cars are all "ricers" and up to no good. i was parked in a parking lot one day with my car off and a cop pulled up with his lights on and says "so you have one of those fast and furious cars ... been racing lately"

next time you get stopped ask the officer if what exactly makes your exhaust illegal and when he tells you that its because its too loud ask him for future reference what the acceptable db rating would be ... and if he cant tell you or throws out a number just be like "well then how do you know my exhaust is too loud do you have a db meter?" mind you the key is being polite if your a jerk you will get a ticket for more than just the exhaust.

the reason he pulled me over is because he told me my muffler is not oem... thats what he told me...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

In my little Ontario modifictation book here... it says the only muffler that is Illegal is a "Hollywood" Muffler.... This is a muffler that has no baffles and is a straight through muffler that you can see into the exhaust. Thats all I got. I can't stand fart cannons anyway, I never noticed them to make a difference, other then being way to load! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

You should try bribing them with some doughnuts and coffee...I get pulled over every time I drive in my wifes home town(southern usa). I still have been able to get out of every ticket by going to court. Mainly because the cops don't want to admit in court that the only reason they pulled me over in the first place is because how my vehicle looks, and the fact that I'm not white. (Brown-skinned man driving a modded import=street racing or running drugs) One even came up with the excuse that the reason he pulled me over is because I ran a yellow light. I politely explained to him that I come from the New York/New Jersey area. If your'e stupid enough to stop at a yellow light up there, then you'll end up with 15+ cars up your a**. Damn cops...Did I mention I don't like cops???
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

colinsmx3 wrote:In my little Ontario modifictation book here... it says the only muffler that is Illegal is a "Hollywood" Muffler.... This is a muffler that has no baffles and is a straight through muffler that you can see into the exhaust. Thats all I got. I can't stand fart cannons anyway, I never noticed them to make a difference, other then being way to load! :mrgreen:
Ya, you may want to look into getting one of those books. I know Colin keeps it in his glovebox and is ready to whip it out with any sign of harassment.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
colinsmx3 wrote:In my little Ontario modifictation book here...
Ya, you may want to look into getting one of those books. I know Colin keeps it in his glovebox and is ready to whip it out with any sign of harassment.
I agree... I went to the main library when I lived in Tennesse and had copies of the Tennessee code in my car at all times in case I got harassed...
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
colinsmx3 wrote:In my little Ontario modifictation book here... it says the only muffler that is Illegal is a "Hollywood" Muffler.... This is a muffler that has no baffles and is a straight through muffler that you can see into the exhaust. Thats all I got. I can't stand fart cannons anyway, I never noticed them to make a difference, other then being way to load! :mrgreen:
You are correct Mikey! I havent had to use it yet though! I did get pulled over by MTO Last week (they can f--- you sideways if they want) They do the emissions and safety roadside checks....
Guy asked me to pop the hood, I did no problem cause EVERYTHING is legit! He checked it all out even under the car and said he was VERY surprised it was all done up to legal standards, and so he said he was going to put in his computer as a roadside pass! Cops came and stopped by and checked it out and they all wen't on there way! took all of 5 min!

I find that if you give them respect that they are just doing there job then they give it back to you! Guy was super cool!
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Ultimately, most cops are street thugs with badges, most of them motivated by an inferiority complex. The kid you harassed in school is getting back at the world by harrassing it. If they want to pull you over, it could be any of 1,000 reasons, alot of them being PURELY their opinion (too loud, swerving within your lane. etc...). If they recognise your car, and want to pull you over YOU CAN NOT STOP THEM. The government has taken over EVERY racket that the mobsters of the '20s, and '30s, including extorting money from you. Big money makers like numbers running is now called "The Lottery". Prostitution is the only one they don't overtly control.
If you know your rights well enough (which would take several months of study), you can keep from being extorted, and possibly kidnapped by the government.
I speak of course from an American point of view, and don't know if it's exactly the same there.
I wonder if you could get in trouble if you had a cutout that you disengage when they pull you over, so it's nice and quiet when they walk up. That would be awesome.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

My buddy on his GXP Custom Turbo had that (506WHP)! It was sooo awsome! He hits a button and the exhaust flap closes and goes right out from the headers and hit the button again and the flap opens letting it out the exhaust! It was a HUGEEEEEEEE difference!! but there was nothing illegal about it cause they can just say it's used for the track!

Heres his actual car http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NS03jBi-XQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now he has an RX8.

http://www.racereadyperformance.com/wel ... on=Welcome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Cjthor has one that is pressure actuated. It's sweet.
That would be awesome to rev against a fart-can guy, with a stock exhaust/ cutout, and then open it, as you blow by him.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”