Death wobble help please

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Death wobble help please

Post by fowljesse »

I'll take a video next time I ride anywhere with him, and you'll see.
Then you'll ask, "How does he NOT hit a curb at 50?!" :lol:
By the way, how do you have such a long signature? I can only fit ½ of my mods in my sig with it all abbreviated.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

i made it back in 07 before they had a limit on sig size i tried to edit it the other day but it wouldn't let me have it as long as i wanted it so i just left it lol
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

mitmaks wrote:you're not supposed to put lug nuts on with impact. :shrug: Maybe that's part of a problem

this is definitly not the problem. you could have a shifted belt in your tire.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Suresperance wrote:i just finished swapping my ze in for a second time. and the car sat for almost two yrs before this so i take it out for a test drive and the front end feels like its going to fall off the car. i found out it was a flat tire(i pumped it up before i went out it just went down that fast) so i get a new tire on it and it still does it ... turns out one of the shocks was not all the way tightened. i take it out again and it is still happening. what could be causing this?

the drivers rear strut is completely gone but i had my buddy stick his head out the window and said the pass front wheel is wobbling so much it looks like its going to come off. when i jack it up there is no play whatsoever im lost as to what this could be any help would be great
EXTREMLY! Unbalanced wheels.
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

well a unbalanced wheel will still spin and look smooth, it will just vibrate at higher speeds. a shifted belt will give you a deformed tire that you could see was wobbling.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Suresperance wrote:mooneggs .... how the [heck] did you hit a curb at fifty?!?!?
it was a failed moment in my mx-3 career... went into a turn to an onramp doing about 70 and my rear tires were pretty worndown ... rear end slid out from me (2rd time in an mx-3 on a real road), I countersteered but it wasn't enough and I went head on into the curbwith the wheel turned all the way sideways... it was amazing I didn't bend the rim but broke the control arm! anyways, this is the reason why I always keep my best tires on the rear now!! :shrug:

BUT if I had been able to control it a little more it would have been THE sweetest drift ever in an mx-3 8)
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

ive seen that happen before. except it was in a galant with bald front tires. tried turning.. that didn't happen slid right into a curb and destroyed the control arm.
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

well like i said it cant be any thing with the rims or tires because i tried two different sets of rims and tires and still the same thing. im having some difficulty swapping out the struts in the rear ( darn lug nut wont come off so im buying a bigger impact wrench) but once i get those taken care of i will post with an update

Mooneggs that sounds like it would have been awesome had you just had some better tires. there is a turn in my town where you turn on to a bridge and it goes from asphalt to concrete, and my rear end always gets out when i hit that above forty ... it keeps it fun

here is the link to how messed up the strut was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC-tDlQFF-A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note the oblong shape where the piston goes into the strut ... thats why i think it was causing my problem. also just ignore my girlfriend and my dad talking in the back ground.(she was wearing clothes just not alot)
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

okay so all four corners have good stock struts and springs back on them the problem is still there but much smaller than before so i have two new questions

could a bad alignment cause it to shake that bad like im feeling?

and also when i parked the car two yrs ago i left out the brace that goes from the two front control arms and put it back in when i put the engine back in two weeks ago could this have any thing to do with it

im taking shots in the dark here

i took the car out a few months ago for one drive and it performed flawlessly so i wanna know what could have changed from then to now all i did was take the motor out and put it back in.

im so lost

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”