my next project - dome light fade in/out

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
ninjajim4

my next project - dome light fade in/out

Post by ninjajim4 »

i think my LED turn signals are lost in the mail somewhere, but while i was at it, I decided to get LEDs for the dome lights, which miraculously fit and work! they're super bright, which looks sharp, but at night they just suddenly FLOOD the car with bright light like a jailhouse search beacon. no bueno. so, i went to my best buddy Google and asked him how to make the dome light fade in and fade out. voila:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/hardwar ... delay.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so this fades in, fades out after a preset time, and fades out immediately when ACC's on. not bad right?

soldering iron is coming out boys. let you know the results
Mad Cow

Re: my next project - dome light fade in/out

Post by Mad Cow »

Awesome, I might try that out some time.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

on closer inspection this only performs fade out after delay, and immediately upon ACC on. there is no fade in, which is kinda my main concern at this point. i will build this out for now anyway and work to add in that feature
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

What p/n for the led dome int lights?
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

these are the ones i got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i actually don't like them because they are cool white lights, and so they are slightly blue-ish.. i think i'd prefer warm white. you can have mine if you want for 10 bucks shipped, which what i paid.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”