[FS] Turbo intake manifolds GROUP BUY

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
10secSim

[FS] Turbo intake manifolds GROUP BUY

Post by 10secSim »

Im working on starting a group buy for custom aluminum full race intakes manifolds...
-the flanges will be 1/2" thick CNC machined and will have microfinished machined surface
-the runners will stick in the plenum about 1" and will have velocity stacks inside the plenum for eahc port
-the plenum will be about 3.5" ID
-throttle bodies will be mustang 4.6L TB
-for idle i will make a ss adaptor to be able to use a pwm valve off a b6de tb or bp

I will make them for either the b6 or bp, I already have one made for a b6 and bin using it for a few month and works very well, I had to tune with a megasquirt for it to work right but i am seeing gains all thouout the powerband. I am curently working on a new design and we are buildign it on a bench flow to make sure the flow is perfect at each port for maximum performance. We will have Dyno sheets to prove the HP gain between a stock BPT intake and a Sim's custom's intake

I'm not sure on a set price yet as it is a lot of work to come up with a good design and i still need to figure out the cost of making them. They will be anywhere fromm 500$ to 1000$. We will have to add a 5% donation for mx-3.com on top of the price. I will need 200$ down to add you to the list and will start building them as soon as i have enough ppl intrested and the money down. The more ppl i have intrested the cheaper i can make them for

here's a link for the intake I built for the b6...bp will be similar
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642/2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who's intrested?
Last edited by 10secSim on July 3rd, 2009, 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: [FS] Turbo intake manifolds GROUP BUY

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

looks like a good design. It would be hard to justify for me tho. No stand alone.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

have you contacted Jeff and gotten his approval for this Group Buy?
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

any dyno results?
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

no dyno results as of yet but i did get it bench flow and had very consistent air flow at each port due to velocity stacks, and the short runners will help your turbo spool up faster helping in bottom end torque...those intakes have bin proven to work on a lot of other applications. Limegreen from this forum has one with a very similar design and has proven that it helps...as soon as i can get my car back on the road i'll look into getting a dyno sheet for you guys...i busted a rim the other day...so far i'm running an old b6 dohc na but we'dd be able to see what kind of power curve this intake does...i could do a run with stock intake and one with mine. I have a budy that wants one on his bpt so i will get a dyno sheet from him too as soon as it's done
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

10secSim wrote:...so far i'm running an old b6 dohc na but we'dd be able to see what kind of power curve this intake does...i could do a run with stock intake and one with mine. I have a budy that wants one on his bpt so i will get a dyno sheet from him too as soon as it's done
I may be interested in one, also for a bpt. Comparison dyno graphs would be great. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. :D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

UPDATE

I got a hold of a BP head to build the intake and the development of the intake on the bench flow is progressing smoothly...I should have DYNO sheets soon
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

If I didn't have a gtr intake I would defiantly go for this! Good luck and looking good!
Skuce

Post by Skuce »

I'd be interested if it was all positioned the same as a stock GTX/GTR intake manifold.

Like the Throttle and everything in the same locations to have the option of using stock piping
Drew
'95 EGT 1.8
T
'93 ELX 1.9 SC
'91 ELX 1.9
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

id be interested in one for my b6 but i dont plan on turboin it for a while. and how much you figure they will cost ot make? and ship?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

TMP39 wrote:id be interested in one for my b6 but i dont plan on turboin it for a while. and how much you figure they will cost ot make? and ship?
price in 1st post.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”