Mazdaspeed North AKA Star Mazda at Scarboro mazda

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Rachelle

Mazdaspeed North AKA Star Mazda at Scarboro mazda

Post by Rachelle »

August 23 2009 Scarboro Mazda is inviting the drivers and cars from Star Mazda for a charity bbq and meet! We are also opening this invitation to all Mazda owners, drivers, and fans. This is a great opportunity to show off your cars, talk to other Mazda owners, meet new friends, and even meet some of the Star Mazda drivers. There will be a $5.00 entry fee to raise money for the Toronto Hospital for Sick Children, and the event will run from 10:00am - 4:00pm rain or shine!

This event will feature the Dyson Racing Team along with their ALMS LMP2 class Mazda MZR-R B09/86 Lola LMP2 Coupe http://www.dysonracing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and Aim Autosport Star Mazda Series cars with drivers & transporter! http://www.aimautosport.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scarboro Mazda Racing http://www.scarboromazdaracing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 1st and 2nd Gen RX-7's will be on display along with our fellow regional competitors from Mazmark Auto, Can-Saf Auto Racing, Mazdee's Performance, RPM Performance, Nummelin Motorsports and more will have their cars on display. The RX8, RX7, Mazda6 and Trillium Miata clubs will be here with their vehicles. Hope to see everyone there!!!

Just some updates on what's going on this Sunday:
Rare Mazda's on display

1967 Mazda Cosmo the only one in Canada
1972 Mazda RX2 RE
1974 Mazda RX4 undergoing restoration
1990 Mazda Cosmo 3 rotor twin turbo (was at MOTM)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
2010 Mazda RX8 R3

Of course the 2.0L MZR powered Dyson Racing Lola and Star Mazda Open Wheel Formula car will be in showroom, you will be able to up close and personal with both of these cars and speak to the drivers of the Star Mazda car.

The ABR race team will be working on completing their race car in our shop you can actually watch them work and talk with the team members.

Mosi Race Dynamics will also be there with the Protege5 racecar

Mazda Canada will have their representatives here as well.

This event is designed to give you the opportunity to get upclose to what Mazda's DNA is all about, performance.

We will also show how proper alignments are done, things that can affect the alignment which will ultimately affect the handling and tire wear characteristics of your vehicle.
Last edited by Rachelle on August 20th, 2009, 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
1993 Mazda MX-3
Like us on facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/davewoodmazdapage
colinsmx3

Re: Star Mazda at Scarboro mazda

Post by colinsmx3 »

So WHO is Star Mazda?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Doh!

Star Mazda is a racing series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Mazda_Series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Discovery Channel has a show called "Star Racer" where drivers applied to the show and competed to get a spot in the racing series. My one X's cousin was Matt Champaign, who was in the show. Met him once, he's a d--- in person just like he was on the show, but that's besides the point.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Rachelle

Post by Rachelle »

^ exactly...and they are coming to Scarboro Mazda (This is actually kind of a big deal for the dealership) I just found out it is a conflicting date with another event, but so far this is still going to be it. It will cost $5 to get in but, all of the money will go to Sick Kids Hospital. As I said before there will also be a free BBQ, and drink stand. Even though this is a Sunday the parts department will be open and offering discounts on things such as Hawk Pads, Eibach Spring etc... as well as the regular club discounts!!!!
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
1993 Mazda MX-3
Like us on facebook at
Bigb22

Re: Mazdaspeed North AKA Star Mazda at Scarboro mazda

Post by Bigb22 »

well im going hands down have to support the mx3 :) who will join me
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I'll go...................if I have a mx-3

........if there ever will be negotiations about a certain MX3

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Bigb22 wrote:well im going hands down have to support the mx3 :) who will join me
Haha I'll come.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Finch
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Finch »

is there any regular meets comming up, or any nights the club goes down to cayuga for some drag races?
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Finch wrote:is there any regular meets comming up, or any nights the club goes down to cayuga for some drag races?
Usually someone just proposes a weekend and things get planned from there...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Finch
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Finch »

ok thanks alot! its not like im going to get an amazing 1/4 mile time, but id like to know how i compare at this point.
Rachelle

Post by Rachelle »

First Posted Edited!!

This is going to be a really great event, I hope to see a lot of you out there!!!
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
1993 Mazda MX-3
Like us on facebook at

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”