F/R strut tower braces

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
RayRay

F/R strut tower braces

Post by RayRay »

I just installed a set of strut tower braces, front and rear, on my 92 GS. I can barely feel a difference. But then again I didn't drive the car for the past 3 weeks, I drove the car for 2 days from the time I got the car back to the time I installed the braces. Oh well, it was a xmas gift anyway. Anyone have any input on this?
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
ProtegeSTS

Re: F/R strut tower braces

Post by ProtegeSTS »

haha, your body is telling you the truth. The human body cant really feel minor changes in the car. Also, since you havent driven it in some time...the effects were even smaller. <P>Just like an intake or something....what youre "feeling" is just you wallet being lighter, and a louder sound. Sure it adds 3hp, but you cant tell that little of a difference.<P>Racers are usually a bit more sensitive to a car's performance...but only because they are always paying very close attention, and have a lot of seat time at 100% effort.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

also.. from my experience, if you install both at the same time.. the way the car handles isn't affected that much... as in understeer/oversteer isn't changed.. however, if you were to add just the front one, or just the rear one.. then the characteristics would change... <P>I hope you get what I mean..<P>Jesse, does this make sense?<P>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
back alley

Post by back alley »

if i were to do the same install, would i notice a difference taking a corner faster than usual?
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i did a front and rear install yesterday and i think it helps alot and so do all my friends
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
white fish

Post by white fish »

I noticed a difference the hatch was a hole lot quieter haha

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”