onlytrueromeo's '92 GSZE

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
solo_ryder

Re: onlytrueromeo's '92 GSZE

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea my plan was 16x7 or 16x8 rpf1 (almost got a set of 16x7, dont mind a 7" rim) 38 offset with 215 45 16 tires.. Proly hankook rs2 or something of the like
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

7" isn't too bad, it's what I have now, but I want the added sidewall stiffness of an 8" rim if possible, plus 8" rims are just cool :mrgreen: I don't want to buy a rim though and have it not fit because it's rubbing, so a 7" is probably more realistic.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Front one has definitely improved the steering response, still have yet to install the back one! For the hatch cover you gave me, I installed the OEM hinges and strings so it performs just like a stock one. I am also redoing the plexi so that it doesn't have the matching paint from your car. I am thinking of covering the bottom of the cover in felt also so that it looks just as good as the top. BTW, you can totally read MAZDA in the reflection on the hatch when you're driving with an overhead sun!
Sweet. I couldn't do that since the computer was too heavy of course, but glad teh design allowed you to. Good idea on doing the bottom!.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

New PICS!!! I wanna see yer car brahh
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Mx3Kid16 wrote:New PICS!!! I wanna see yer car brahh
I just put up new pics? If you're talking about the inside, I don't have many glamor shots of the interior, still need to finish the headliner and A-Pillars, plus do a dash swap. When that is all done, I will take more pictures of the inside! As far as the outside of the car, its ugly POS, haha. I need a paint job badly...currently shopping around for prices!
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

your car is black now and WAS white?

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Yeah, when I bought the car off ebay, it was original 17yr old white paint that was chipping. I ran out of time, and painting the outside was the last thing I did, so I cheaply and quickly sprayed it with rustoleum to hold up for the winter...it held up OK, but def. still chipped off because I didn't really care about prepping.

I'm going to get it professionally painted because I doubt my ability to do artistic things, and because I don't have the time or tools to paint the car myself.

The color choices are black, or some shade of blue.

I really like the 350z blue, but my girlfriend says its too flashy and I'll get pulled over too much.

Innocent blue mica (what Illa just got on his RX7) is also really nice

Black is classic
Last edited by onlytrueromeo on June 5th, 2009, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

BLACK DUDE! My car is blackity BLACK with a nice silver metalic stripe its awesome!

yeah girlfriends usually got good points haha

onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

SHE'S ALIVE!!!

After almost a full week of not being able to drive because my starter was broke, I finally got the starter in today and was able to hear the roar!

I've done a bunch over the last week, but it's not quite done yet. My new dash is 90% in, I ran a few new grounds in the engine bay and tucked a good 7-8 wires away so they're hidden (this was alot harder than you think, hafta cut + solder everything in tight places :( )

I will post pics sometime later tonight unless I go out, then it will be tomorrow morning!
Also tomorrow I will be swapping suspensions AGAIN.

I currently have a set of B&G's on ZX2's but don't like how low it sits, so I bought some H&R's...I also have ground controls sitting here, so I have to decide if I want to put on the H&R's or just use the GC's, and sell back the rest.

What do you think? Ground Controls or H&R's?
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Good work, I'm intrigued about your wire tuck, and impressed by your beer mountain :D

I also like the blues, though obviously black makes for a sexy mx. What suspension did you decide on?
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I don't know what suspension to use, I have them all sitting on my porch LOL. Help me decide!

The wire tuck isn't too impressive yet, I've only done a few wires - The stuff near the alternator is now run down by the A/C piping instead of in front of the VC's and it goes under the battery and into the fusebox. I had thought about relocating the fusebox but that'd be an extreme wire tuck...I will most likely leave that in the stock location, but hide all the wires that I can in the engine bay.

Althought I redid my grounds, I left them in the stock locations for now, with enough play in the wires to move them to where I eventually want them to go, but I needed to get the can running so I couldn't drill holes in the frame yet :(

As for colors, yeah, its tough because I love them all. Black will cost me the least because I will just do my door frame and inside hatch frame myself, but I wouldn't be able to match the blues well enough so it'd look funny. (My door frames and stuff are white because I repainted the car myself quickly and didn't have time to do the frames and such...the engine bay is the only thing that was done w/ a REAL paint, POR 15 :mrgreen: )
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

marcdh wrote:Good work, I'm intrigued about your wire tuck, and impressed by your beer mountain :D
That's about a month's worth of beer drank here between my friends and I...plenty more at the other places we hang out. My favorite part is the case of Big Bear (don't know if you get that overseas) It's got 12 40's of malt liquor lol. I live right behind a gas station/mini grocery store and we bought the stuff there - the guy thought we were crazy.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Never seen this big bear! I shall keep an eye out next week when I'm in USA :D
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

LOL It's not very good, it's hobo beer basically because its stronger than beer and less than $2 for 40oz LOL. Tastes better when you put a little bit of orange juice in it. Then it's known as a brass monkey! (We do silly things over here because our cheap beer isn't as good as the cheap beer over there...although I mostly drink Labatt Blue for cheap beer since I'm so close to Canader)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... a--+monkey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Nice job Romes, I can appreciate your attention to detail. I'm thinking about a black pearlescent paint myself. Not sure yet though.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”