Red Deer Autobody and Paint Shop UPDATE

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
93vtecklr

Red Deer Autobody and Paint Shop UPDATE

Post by 93vtecklr »

I was involved in 3 accidents over the winter, took my car to a well known and established body shop, Independent Paint and Body Ltd 2000. Today was my 7th, that's right 7th warranty job. They switched to a waterborn paint system last year and through absolutely no fault of my own they had oil running through their air and into the paint. There is dime size black stains all over my front bumper, and all they did was buff out the 5 runs. They refused to repaint the bumper, you guessed it, a 3rd time. And ya, the leftover toyota red they used on the bumper doesn't match my bloody car at all. To this day there is orange peel on my drivers door, a run on the back bumper, and a bondo ripple below my driver's door handle that is apparantly all my fault. So save yourself the hassle, if in Red Deer, go to Pro Collision where I will be going from now on. Now I'm going to go cry.
Last edited by 93vtecklr on May 27th, 2009, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
solo_ryder

Re: Red Deer Autobody and Paint Shop WARNING

Post by solo_ryder »

Thats ***** Alberta sucks all together, but that sucks they wont fix there work.. Call up the BBB

[Edited, follow the rules]
Last edited by Custommx3 on May 27th, 2009, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No cursing please
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Not at all sure what that meant, I'm just sick of ppl thinking that because my car is a 93 mazda it shouldn't get the same respect and treatment as a 99 mustang. It's retarded, I'm not looking for a full on show car, not even betterment, just pre accident condition. Which was blaze red, not toyota primrose red. First call in the morning is to the BBB, then my insurance company to file a claim, against them. Final.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

hope things work out for you!

I hate people like that... man up and take responsibility for your mistakes.. don't screw the customer over ><
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

We take your oil
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Update, I have a inpromptu meeting with the 2 owners, the appraiser, and the shop supervisor tomorrow at 10:30 am. It turns out the appraiser and shop supervisor have been sayin stuff about me, like I'm unreasonable. I was given the owners cell phone number and just got off the phone with him. It appears as though he wants me to be happy as a customer, and knows from my mom, (she's the parts manager there) that I've already told 90% of everybody in red deer with a custom car to never go there. The meeting is to air the dirty laundry, and how I think the matter could be resolved, and I just really want to watch those two schmucks squirm and have a matching bumper.
93vtecklr

Re: Red Deer Autobody and Paint Shop UPDATE

Post by 93vtecklr »

So, I went to my meeting in the 'boardroom' with the owner, shop foreman (who is an appliance technician by trade and knows nothing about paint), and the head appraiser. I laid out my story, the shop super' was still talking smack about how unreasonable i'm being, and the owner Corey said, "So Danny how is any of this Clint's fault?" Looked at the appraiser Blake and said, "Book him in for tomorrow, I want it to match with no runs no dust nibs no oil stains NOTHING!" He also said that the customer should never feel that because of the car he drives or past condition of the car, should never feel like he is less important or valued than the guy with the corvette. All he wanted was to hear my version of the events and make sure that when my car leaves I'm overall happy with the outcome. So in short, they're fixing it. Moral is: Never let anybody treat you like a doormat, otherwise you'll just get stepped on.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Excellent :)

I'm always glad to hear the shysters get it.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

glad it worked out for you.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

woohoo!!

Glad to hear it worked out 8)
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Thanks guys, the end isn't here though. The car is currently gettin worked over again. Let's hope they don't splash and dash to spite me. Then I'll lose it, spraypaint any type of defamatory comment on my black hood that i can!
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Good man! Hope take 2 goes much better.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

93vtecklr wrote:the shop super' was still talking smack about how unreasonable i'm being
Thank god he was still honest (and stubborn) about his position, rather than saying that he didn't say that.

Quite glad it worked out!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

93vtecklr wrote: Moral is: Never let anybody treat you like a doormat, otherwise you'll just get stepped on.
yes indeed... good advice! I work in customer service for a living and it's amazing the power the customer really has even if they aren't acting as they should (which in this case you were).
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

That's amazing! It's good to know there is still justice in the world, sometimes...
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “Appearance”