EZ motorsports

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
chertel

EZ motorsports

Post by chertel »

I bought the spyder halo projectors off of ebay because I missed the group buy and decided to get them installed professionally since I don't know anything about wiring. Anyway I saw some cars tuned by ez around the city and in west ed on display once so I thought I would check them out because I was driving by Strathcona comp high school in edmonton and saw their shop. I pulled over and went in and asked the owner Kevin if they do projectors and he said they did and by the looks of mine it would be $680. But by closer inspection he went up to $900 because of the HID's and would need relays... etc. I asked what the worst case senario would be if he ran into problems and he said $1350. I decided to let him do the job because it was saturday and he got me right in and I was impressed by that because he had a lot of cars in the shop with swaps being done. I was also impressed that they work late at the shop, till midnight. So he called me at home at 11pm and said my wiring was a mess and that he was suprised that a fire didn't start. He got into how my compustar was installed incorrectly and my stereo install. I told him Visions did my install so I didn't know what he was talking about? Anyway I told him I just wanted him to install the projectors and to leave the other stuff alone and he said he only got into the other wiring issues because the HID's were flickering and he couldn't get them both to turn on at the same time so he was trying to solve the problem. It sounds legit but whe he told me the install would now cost $1950 I told him to stop and just put the factory lights back on. He said he couldn't reverse the install because the lights were already in and to come by the shop which he had pics and videos of my car and what he has done so far. He didn't keep his word about how high the price would go. His installers did finally get the projectors to work, he said he had all his guys on it, and I didn't get my car till the next day. His wiring looks great and he says his work is lifetime warranty but I was backed angainst the wall and couldn't do anything to get out of this install. I feel like an ideot but couldn't do anything to get out of this situation. He had my car and I couldn't get it back till he was done. I just wanted to share my shitty experience so if anyone else lives in edmonton and goes there to be cautious. I should have got a work order written up but never had to in the past. I think he saw me coming and took advantage, which sucks because I put my trust in him and his shop because of reputation and saw he did good work. Just crazy expensive.
Evo_Spec

Re: EZ motorsports

Post by Evo_Spec »

um, so you paid $2000? for a projector install?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I actually just had a heart attack.

Dude the next time you need help installing anything PLEASE SEND ME A PM! I live int he same city and would be happy to help you with anything if it will save you that kind of dough. I am actually sick to my stomach that you did that.

Seriously. Anytime you need help just ask. I will do what I can.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

You should hire a lawyer. There is no way in hell that any of that would cost $2,000. They clearly are taking you for a run.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Do you guys have a Citizens Advice Bureau? Time to hit the small claims court, coercion... extortion... It's certainly not right.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
chertel

Post by chertel »

I still feel sick. I couldn't do anything. When I asked Kevin at ez motorsports to stop the work and put my old headlights back on he wouldn't. He said they couldn't because he had the projectors installed already. I didn't agree to the crazy price he quoted me on the phone when he called me to tell me he was running into trouble and the price of the job went up. I would have even taken the $500 I put down as a deposit on my credit card as a loss to get my car back the way I brought it in to his shop. He kept telling me that he didn't want to own my car. This guy is a real piece of work. When I went into his shop to see what he was doing to my car he had all these pics and video already on his computer in his office about the projector install. I knew it was a joke because other than telling me how shitty my alarm and stereo wiring was he pointed out a dent in my rim when I hit a curb last year, and said that he shouldn't even give me my car back till he fixes the rim and puts a new tire on because there was a small chunk of rubber missing. This whole thing is a nightmare. the only thing keeping a smile on my face is that I finally have projectors and my mx-3 looks awsome now with the old foggy oem's gone. I also filed a complaint with the BBB if that will do anything? I think hiring a lawyer would be too costly. This is going to hurt for a long time to come. Thank's for the message though wytbishop I appreciate it. I may need your help some day. The only problem with the install is that I have to turn my lights on even during the day or there will be a clicking sound under the dash? Kevin at ez told me that If I dont keep the lights on during the day that I will have problems. This is wierd because sometimes the clicking is there when I start the car and my lights are off and sometimes the clicking is not there? But if it clicks than I have to turn the lights on. They are bright though.
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

I already sent you a pm before i saw this. But i agree with wytbishop, if you need any help give one of us a shout, I'm always up for giving a hand.

You could always try bringing them to court and toss in the lawyer fee's as part of what you would be charging him for. I think its about time that place got knocked down a couple pegs or two.
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

You need to hire a lawyer. That clicking is the relay under your dash getting intermittent power from the headlights due to a poor electrical connection. I had exactly the same problem. I solved it by soldering the headlights directly into the wire harness. No additional relays are required. They literally plug and play. They don't always plug well...mine didn't...but once properly connected they work perfectly.

You need to talk to someone about filing a small claims suit. Not only did they not need to do any of what they did, but after charging you $2000 they didn't even do it well. He lied to you and he stole from you. When you win in court he will have to pay the fees. I will assist you by demonstrating the correct installation for the court.

I'm totally serious. You need to stop this guy.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

OMFG, Dude that sux and I am sorry for what they put you through. Hope this ends in your favor.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

THE PROJECTORS ON EBAY ARE PLUG AND PLAY. If you got that style, everything he said is a LIE. All of us have proof that the headlights are PLUG AND PLAY.

This is ridiculous.
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

wow... $2000 thats insane

you gotta do something about it, its beyond rip off
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I would like to help any way I can, even though I'm far away. I hate people that take advantage of other people like this.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

all i can say is wow.....maybe a bunch of you guys should roll in there to pay him a visit. these are plug and play and to install the hid kit should be under a hour, and to be messing around inside to get this job done is just wrong, there is no reason to be in the car to do this job unless a fuse was blown.
1993 White gs klze.
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

Not to add hurt to the situation, but me and my friend put them in the same day they came in in less than a hour. The thing is my frame is bent to hell and all kinds of crap so they shouldn't have fit, so we used zip ties to get them to sit level even though there is a gap under them.

Check out this link for pictures of my ugly car and the bangup job me and my friend did: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Soon I will get the bodywork done, but like I said if your car had no front end damage it should have been extremely easy. There are tutorials on this site for the relays too.
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

First call these people:

http://www.legalaid.ab.ca/help/helptoda ... px#content" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They will tell you what you need to show that you were robbed. Then go here:

http://www.albertacourts.ab.ca/Provinci ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”