Corksport... good to buy from, or too expenisve?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Dark_Rider2k3

Corksport... good to buy from, or too expenisve?

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Just wondering what are good buys from corksport? Like.. are there things on there that are over-priced, or what?

Like (and if there are better out there please let me know), their clutch kit, flywheel, connecting rods, camshafts, BP rods, and mainly parts for my BP swap.

I really just don't know where to go for these kinds of parts, and if they are the recommended or not lol.

Thanks guys!
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Corksport... good to buy from, or too expenisve?

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Keep in mind that for many of the parts CS offers, they are the reseller. There are always cheaper prices if you are willing to look for them. Try ebay, and I've started to take a liking to "the find." I do believe that CS sells quality prices at a fair price. If you are wanting to buy more than one or two items or want a trusted seller, what more could you ask for?

I have no idea what you will be expecting for your hp goals... but eagle rods or belfab's will be good for ~600hp and $300. Normally ebay will have wiseco pistons and eagle rod kits for quite cheap. I also like Spec clutches, they are one of the best bang for the buck clutches out there. Check out HPfreaks for the fly wheel (I think they have them).

Use Google, use the Find and for fak sakes check out ebay even just for shitsandgiggles.
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

CorkSport is very reliable with the parts they choose to sell, as most are tested by them. Might not be the cheapest, but at least you know your gettin quality. If your still lookin to save a buck, find the item on Corksport, and then search Ebay for the exact item and brand...Ebay isn't evil, you just have to know when something's good or too good to be true...(ie. Tien Adjustable coilovers for less than $100...from what i could tell, the seller took some sleaves, springs, and struts, painted them green, assembled them, and slapped a Tien sticker on em)
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, i really like them. They're the only place you can get MazdaSpeed parts without a MazdaSpeed account. When I'm on the road and ordered parts, like when I was living in the US (yay for fast, cheap shipping with no added brokerage fees or taxes) they e-mailed me and asked me to call them to make sure I was who I was since my shipping address was different. They did this on 2 seperate occassions. I got a few things from them, including 2 sets of MazdaSpeed mounts, my front and rear strut bars (which I highly recommend), Koni Red struts, 2 stainless clutch lines and indirectly, some stainless brake lines.

Good parts, good quality and good service, plus one of the few places that actually R&D's for Mazda vehicles (see the "New Product Development" section here for their latest parts). Hey, they even have their stuff in Forza Motorsports 1 & 2 for Mazda upgrades, kinda cooll!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I agree, CS is a great company. I've ordered lots from them in the past, and will in the future.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Custommx3 wrote:I agree, CS is a great company. I've ordered lots from them in the past, and will in the future.
...X2 :2thumbsup:
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

thanks everyone! That's exactly what I thought and so will order from :mrgreen: .
I have no idea what you will be expecting for your hp goals... but eagle rods or belfab's will be good for ~600hp and $300. Normally ebay will have wiseco pistons and eagle rod kits for quite cheap. I also like Spec clutches, they are one of the best bang for the buck clutches out there. Check out HPfreaks for the fly wheel (I think they have them).
My horsepower goals are very small.. no where near 600 HP.. but I saw that they had some really awesome parts and figured.. if I'm going to do this, I want to do it right and not skimp on anything.

I think I remember someone talking about the Wiseco pistons... looks like I'll be doing a lot of searching today through the forums :mrgreen:
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

if your hp goals are low and you don't plan any high boost turbo project, the stock slugs and rods will be just fine and maybe even dandy. :freak:
I'm guessing you won't need a crazy clutch either. I believe ACT are prone to chatter.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Custommx3 wrote:I agree, CS is a great company. I've ordered lots from them in the past, and will in the future.
x3

I've always ordered from corksport because of their knowledge and support. I've called on numerous occasions just to ask a question that related to an engine and not really a part they sold, always have been helpful and always know their stuff.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

x4

They can be a little hard to communicate with, but they have been extremely helpful for me over the last year or so.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”