KL-ZE troubles after storage BIG PROBLEM

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Suresperance

KL-ZE troubles after storage BIG PROBLEM

Post by Suresperance »

THE STORY:okay i did my motor swap back in 07 it ran pretty good but i blew the water pump right after, and didn't get a chance to put the new one it to get it back on the road. so it sat in the garage for a yr.

the next summer, when i should have put the water pump in, I didn't, i got a 4x4 and started off roading and just kinda left the mx3 in storage :crying:

well this yr i found out that they are now selling projectors on ebay ... it motivated me to put my jeep down and star playing with the Mazda again.

THE PROBLEM:so i start it up and it runs pretty decent but when i step on the throttle the rpms dip kinda hard and then spike right to where they should be but it kinda sounds like its studdering i know it has bad gas in it :crying: but im more concerned with why 5 out of 6 of my stainless header pipes ended up turning blueish from the heat ... but one did not. is that cylinder not firing? if not what could be causing it and how do i fix it ...

any ideas would be helpful i need to pull the motor our this weekend get the new water pump in and put my mazdaspeed motor mounts i have had sitting around for two yrs in while its out i would love to take care of what ever this issue is i can get a vid of what it sounds like and it running tom to show you guys what it sounds like maybe that will help you diagnosis it for me ... any ideas or tips would help a ton ... oh and its not pulling any codes
Last edited by Suresperance on May 21st, 2009, 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: KL-ZE troubles after storage BIG PROBLEM

Post by Daninski »

Your post sucks. I tried to read it and gave up. Do you have even a basic grasp of the english lanuage?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

He's got a good grasp, he's just lazy.

Paragraphs do wonders helping people understand, if you can keep the thoughts contiguous throughout.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

Edited

Anyways, please just help ill post a video on youtube tomorrow and link it. would really like to get this figured out before memorial day when the motor comes out.
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

suspect indeed...did you check the plug on the cylinder in question??? if you dont have the tools, a simple old skool way is to disconnect the fuel pump, remove the spark plug in question, keep plug wire attached to it, and have someone crank the engine over while holding the plug near a ground source(chasis)...just make sure you use common sense and dont fry your self by touching the body of vehicle while doin this(did this with my first car and got quite a shock when i was a teenager, back in the not so good ol days of street racing and runnin from cops)
anyway, if you see blue spark, then it's not your plugs/wires/disti...
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

okay so no video because we hooked it up to a charger and it runs pretty good with the charger on the battery so i would assume the alt is bad ... would that be causing my poor running up to this point? the cylinder i was concerned about is getting spark but seems to be a little short on fuel i have spare fuel rails so ill just swap and see if that fixes it

i wanted to know however if you guys think this alt is a good buy vs the 200 for one at advance or else where im trying to put ksport coilovers on so money is tight as hell

any ways heres the link to the alt in question http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alternat ... ccessories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i would love some input by tomorrow at the latest as im going to need to put it in this upcoming week

thanks guys for the help thus far sorry for being so noobish but i have been out of the mx3 game for 2 yrs and its slowly coming back
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

okay i figured out that one is the wrong one it would work but needs a mod i dont have time to find a millennia alt plug so im just gonna get one from a pgt.

swapped the fuel rail and the motor is running mint now. how ever idle is kinda goofy some times half the time it idles fine half the time it kinda revs up and then drops right down it "pulsates" if you will just wondering if any one had any info on possible problems for that.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Set your TPS and possibly check your IAC.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

seems like something that ba simple mid to major tune up can fix...

bad fuel, corroded plugs.. ect
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

tps was set correctly but how do i check the iac?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”