Damned Power wire, asistance appreciated guys!

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Motoxxx
antispam: No

Damned Power wire, asistance appreciated guys!

Post by Motoxxx »

Ok, bought car, had a rats nest of wires hanging out where the stereo used to be. Bought a new deck and proceded to print a wiring diagam up to aid in my install. PROBLEM: None of the wires match the diagram (printed two from diff. sources,) so- after the ol' process of elimination I've got everything working EXCEPT the constant power for the deck. I have the acc. and constant wires tied together on tha car's acc. wire for now which leads the stereo to reset every time the ignition is shut off.

I'm trying to find out how to fix the stereo's "memory" problem. The roumored "constant hot/power from the car (blue/red wire) offers no voltage, and is the only wire left after all others are connected. Is it broken somewhere? I'm assuming a dead short would have blown the fuse already...

Fellas, do I just run a new constant hot/power straight off the battery? I hate ghetto a-- installs and would rather not, unless it's absolutely necessary. Anything in that area under the dash I could tap 12V off of?

Thanks for reading! I have faith, this is the most informative group of members I've seen of all the diff "car cliques" I've been to!
muttpower

Re: Damned Power wire, asistance appreciated guys!

Post by muttpower »

I'd just run a new constant wire...just make sure to use an inline fuse...if you don't want to go to the battery, and cant find any other wire inside, just look at the fuse panel...the cover should have a diagram...a few of those can be tapped into and are constants...
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Motoxxx

Post by Motoxxx »

Seems the best course of action- Thanx M.P.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Be careful that you didn't blow the ROOM fuse in the fusebox, that would give the same symptoms. Is your clock resetting every time as well?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Motoxxx

Post by Motoxxx »

Ahh I just replaced that fuse... Ill check it out right now, thanx! Any leads on how to get the gauge lights going again!?
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Maybe they have a different fuse that you blew as well, and make sure that you don't keep reblowing the ROOM fuse. Check all your wiring.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Motoxxx

Post by Motoxxx »

Problem solved! The illimination wire was ground out on the back of the stereo frame, fixed it :2thumbsup: Fuses in tact, all lights glowin' and stereo working fine...Memory and all! Thanks everyone for your help- This is truly a bitchin' forum!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”