Thermal spacers outlaw engineering?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
trick69

Thermal spacers outlaw engineering?

Post by trick69 »

anyone know where to get these in canada or the us. Also anyone use a f1 racing clutch stage 3. if so how did it work
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Thermal spacers outlaw engineering?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

http://www.outlawengineering.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If your running a K8, it should be ok, but on a KL, don't expect it to last for more than couple of months. When it comes to clutches, stick with reputable companies...many people learned this the hard way.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
trick69

Post by trick69 »

thanx alot man I couldn't find a company with a us price. All I could find was euros I didn't want to deal with that.
trick69

Post by trick69 »

oh and as for a clutch any suggestions(think cheap) in all honesty the stock oem for a probe should be fine I would think. It's only a De and the car is lighter.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

trick69 wrote:oh and as for a clutch any suggestions(think cheap) in all honesty the stock oem for a probe should be fine I would think. It's only a De and the car is lighter.
I did a thread on ProbeTalk about that a while ago and they're even hit-and-miss about suggesting a stock DE clutch on a DE unless you're just doing regular driving.

A Stage 1 from a reputable manufacturer is all you need.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

trick69 wrote:oh and as for a clutch any suggestions(think cheap) in all honesty the stock oem for a probe should be fine I would think. It's only a De and the car is lighter.
want cheap clutch then get OEM, why get a stage1,stage 2 if ur not doing performance mods
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

kast2L wrote:want cheap clutch then get OEM, why get a stage1,stage 2 if ur not doing performance mods
To handle harder driving.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I am swapping to a DE and I considered OEM. BUT, the thing I feared the most was slippage. I also am planning on a turbo setup later in the future.... therefore, I went with a Clutchmasters Stage I kit. It's a N/A engine for now but to have the grip and not need it is one thing; to need the grip and not have it would be a pain in the a**. Some words of wisdom if you are considering spirited driving or have plans to upgrade.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I've been flogging my ZE on a Exidy OEM replacement clutch without issue.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wytbishop wrote:I've been flogging my ZE on a Exedy OEM replacement clutch without issue.
x2... for more than 80k miles now... I drive quite spirited too :driver:
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Lol, I've researched your claims before and I'll say that it was you guys that allowed me to consider the Exedy OEM clutch kit. However, I ended up getting a great deal on the CM stage I kit for less than the OEM! Gotta love those people who buy parts and sell their vehicles :).
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

ive used a f1 racing s--- in my mx3 when i swaped the ze and it died 2 months after the swap dont buy it... buy a good one once and youll be glad you did...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

wytbishop wrote:I've been flogging my ZE on a Exidy OEM replacement clutch without issue.
Ya, I've heard good things of those...but I don't know if I'd consider that an "OEM" clutch, it's way better than that, and Exedy doesn't make any performance clutches for the Mazda K-series or FWD B-series, but it is considered an OEM replacement, so my statement doesn't really stand true with that exception, but may be one of the only, if not THE only "OEM" replacement.
trick69

Post by trick69 »

I think I'm going to try this xtd stage 3 clutch on ebay. It looks pretty good and there is alot of good feedback about the product. Unless someone out there has used it I think it will do just fine (alot of clutch wear is driver induced) I've never burned out a clutch yet.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Alot of MX-3 clutch wear is ZE induced. Your DE would be just fine even with a parts store OEM replacement.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”