So wait,what?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Flyer

Re: So wait,what?

Post by Flyer »

http://www.teamgwailo.org/uploads/mx-3/manual/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

F1-161 through F1-166 is for the B6.
F2-162 through F2-166 is for the K8.
Last edited by Flyer on July 14th, 2009, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

wow, thanx man.

Looks like I'm going to have issues tricking the ecu with relation to the vics and egt.. oh well.
802mx3

Post by 802mx3 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:wow, thanx man.

Looks like I'm going to have issues tricking the ecu with relation to the vics and egt.. oh well.
when was your car made? month and date? In vermont we have pretty relaxed inspection stations and no smog tests ever. I've never been turned down for an inspection ever and have had some pretty sketchy cars. I ask this because of the possible bp swap in a obd2 car. More then likely the shop doing the inspection wouldnt even notice. I also dont have to document it anywhere. But as far as ease? I would still like to turbo this engine, but out of economical and quickness reasons to completion, what do you all recommend?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

it all depends. Having an obd2, I was not into the idea of running a new bp wiring harness. The B6 is more than able to put down the numbers that I want. It's more of a PITA, with all the custom parts and what not... but I'm happy with the path I chose. Just need to get some forged slugs/rods and I should be close to par with most bpt's out there.

And being from Alberta... we don't do smog tests.. not cats, not egr... no problem.
802mx3

Post by 802mx3 »

But how do we get around the OB2? I'm also (-kinda of subject-) surprised there isnt a chip of some kind for the RS.
I to would love to stay with the B6 just wan to make sure its economical before I try anything. If the BPT swap is easier and will save time then thats the road I'll go. Who here has actually done a b6t on an obd2 car?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

that's why I went with AEM's F/IC for my car. It is made for OBD2 cars and allows me to adjust fuel and ignition timing with out throwing a CEL.
802mx3

Post by 802mx3 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:that's why I went with AEM's F/IC for my car. It is made for OBD2 cars and allows me to adjust fuel and ignition timing with out throwing a CEL.
So wait, I guess I'm kinda lost. There really isnt much difference in turbo a 1996 compared to a 1995?
I'm not worried about a CEL if everything is working the way it should. Could some one point me in the direction of someone who has completed the project on OBD2? RS_OBD'oh_2, have you finished yours yet?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I'm a couple weeks out. Still waiting on some parts to arrive. Then lots of powder coating. There is little difference with the obd2 turbo process. It's all mainly electrical issues... but now you have the ecu pin outs where I did not.
have you checked if you even had an obd2 yet?
802mx3

Post by 802mx3 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:I'm a couple weeks out. Still waiting on some parts to arrive. Then lots of powder coating. There is little difference with the obd2 turbo process. It's all mainly electrical issues... but now you have the ecu pin outs where I did not.
have you checked if you even had an obd2 yet?
yes I do have obd2. I found the port under the dash on the passenger side. What exactly would I need to do electrical wise to get this going? What do you mean by ecu pin outs?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

the link that flyer posted will be the saving grace that I did not have. You will need to add some form of engine management to control your fuel and ignition maps... so you will have to cut and tap the stock wiring harness (ecu pins and their functions).
802mx3

Post by 802mx3 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:the link that flyer posted will be the saving grace that I did not have. You will need to add some form of engine management to control your fuel and ignition maps... so you will have to cut and tap the stock wiring harness (ecu pins and their functions).
Yikes! So maybe I'm just not ready for this undertaking. Most of my past cars have been OBD1 and actually had an aftermarket. So to avoid all of this would the BP swap be a better bet? How would that work in conjunction with OBD2? Basically I'm a lazy bastard who doesn't have much time to be off the road. I'm looking for a good weekend swap job where I can drive to work on Monday without a problem. Its really to bad the B6 doesn't have a better aftermarket following. Knowing myself, I would be very happy with:

- cams
- full exhaust (no cats?)
- chip
- lightweight pulley's
- lightweight flywheel
- better clutch
- intake manifold
- bigger better throttle body
- better fuel rail
- better injectors
- better fuel pump
- cold air intake
- higher compression
- balanced crank shaft
This is just a few things, but unfortunately the MAZDA MX-3 was overlooked by many companies. I dont get it but its reality. I love the cars, and love driving them. Its just to bad the DOHC was overlooked. You would think there would be at the very least a header and a chip. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out I guess what direction I should take before I really go and dump a bunch of money into it. BTW who is this and where did he get half that stuff? Mainly the CF rad support http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... start%3D20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Oscar (EZ_4_FUN) sells the CF radiator support if I remember correctly...

You can always get a BP, build it up on the stand, then drop it in...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

there is not much in that link. Some paint, plugs, loom/hoses and an airfilter. How is your suspension? That is a must if you ask me. I also don't believe you need an custom intake mani. I would leave your crank alone and if you plan on going turbo.. stay away from headers and high compression will kill your motor.
802mx3

Post by 802mx3 »

I was thinking strictly NA on that last comment.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I guess you first need to decide what kind of power you want and what it will take to get you there. With what you are going to be droppin on the cams and pistons and what not. just thow in the BP. I'm sure it'll put more power to the wheels for a fraction of the price.

Return to “Forced Induction”