Power folding MIrrors.... Yes for the MX3...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
colinsmx3

Power folding MIrrors.... Yes for the MX3...

Post by colinsmx3 »

OK so I came across a set of power folding JDM mirrors for the MX3.... off the Autozam... They are selling them for $200 with no switch or relay. They won't ship anywhere only local pick up. Only about 20 min from me.

Anyone know how hard it would be to make these actually work without the switch and relay? I could never get them to work on my 323 when I had them.

If I don't get them I could get them for someone and ship them out. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Power folding MIrrors.... Yes for the MX3...

Post by Daninski »

Why do you need a relay? Just run them off the main fuse like the windows and install a momentary switch.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Yea it's a little harder then that.... I tried that with the 323 mirror and blew the one motor...
ImageImageImage
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Too expensive - ive seen cheaper than that, esp w/ local pickup only. Check ebay - I saw some power folding HEATED mirrors for about the same price w/ shipping or less. They don't come up often but you can find them.

If those are heated, then it might be a good deal.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

They came heated on the Autozam???
ImageImageImage
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Oh heated, now we're talking relay. Sorry. Why would just running them from your main bus cause them to burn out? Anyway I'll watch this post and see
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Excuse me, I believe they are JDM MX6 mirrors or something that could fit the MX3. Mooneggs is the guru here, he would know.

Sorry for the confusion. I remember the ebay listing and seeing that they were exactly the same shape as mx3 mirrors. Don't remember what car it was.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mooneggs modified the 323 mirrors into the housings of the Mx-3 mirrors, it worked ok, but he didn't suggest it.

Wasn't it you Colin that said on the 323 you needed the relays otherwise you'd burn them out? Technically it should be able to make them work, but properly...wouldn't know unless i tested them. I don't think the switch would mount in your 94 dash Colin...

Ironicly I have the switch, but no mirrors ;)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Ive had a few sets of these, as well as Mark, aka mooneggs, and well... I wouldnt buy the headache.

They work, and they break. I didnt need any relay for mine.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Custommx3 wrote:I didnt need any relay for mine.
Well that's good to know! Well Colin, you know I'd be good for helping ya out if you get them, but the question is when I could....
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

ahah yea I mean I could just mount a switch somewhere else.... I am just debating on them still... would be a neat thing... but I would have to get them repainted or get them wrapped in CF... Then there is the whole getting my a-- handed to me by my g/f.... :love2:

Yea Mike you have alot to do to get that car out on the road!
ImageImageImage
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

so... do you have any pics of these? pm me them? you mention autozam... are you sure it's an AZ-3 and not an AZ-1? If they have the shell of the mx-3 mirror part they will work. The mx-6 ones work, you just have to swap the triangle mounting bracket. the 323 ones I think you could get to work but it takes some major modification and is not recommended.

I have never used the relays on all 4 sets I have had and they work fine... I feel like I am a n00b at electronics but I've been using 2 sets for years without problems... :shrug: to Barry's point... his broke because they were a different design... all of my sets have not had any issues even though they have been hit and pushed in forcefully

$200 is a pretty neutral price for these since they are so rare. It is a unique mod and seems like it would be cool for car shows... I like flapping mine at people staring at my car or waving at friends :freak:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

colinsmx3 wrote:Yea Mike you have alot to do to get that car out on the road!
Oh I know, but it's not a time issue, it's a money issue now. I've only got a few weeks of work left and I haven't found anything else and i've been looking for the last 2 months...
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Ironicly I have the switch, but no mirrors ;)
Yes, but you have a switch for everything...I know you have the "transform into robot" switch instqlled somewhere too...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

thanks for the pic... it seems they are definately from an mx-3 BUT it looks like only 3 wires are coming out of the connector? I'm pretty sure mine have 5... wire for each: open, close, ground, up/down, left/right functions... I'd have to check for sure but maybe if you go to check them out pull off the glass and see if you can see the motor (and they will be heavier). it's weird they don't have the switch... normally people don't pull these without the switch...

oh and BTW the listing shows $200 shipped so if you go pick them up maybe you could get them cheaper?

Return to “Appearance”