radio/ antitheft codes

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
ionic1000

radio/ antitheft codes

Post by ionic1000 »

I'm in the very slow process of rebuilding the engine in a MX3 i just bought but apparently the previous owner left it setting for about 5 or 6 years after they heard a really loud knock. I have purchased a new battery but am unable to get the radio to work without the codes. All it does is flash error P at me! If anyone has the factory codes to get it to work again I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW: It's a 93 Maaco Black on top of factory Red GS MX3. In desperate need of some love!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: radio/ antitheft codes

Post by Ryan »

it tells you how in the owners manuals.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
ionic1000

Post by ionic1000 »

There was no owner's manual with the car when I bought it, but after some hunting I found this.
http://www.mx-3.com/tech/audsys/
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Code is unique to the VIN, but I think you may actually need to bring the radio into Mazda for them to get the code for you.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”