Cops Just Kicked It Up A Notch!

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Re: Cops Just Kicked It Up A Notch!

Post by fieromx3 »

mx3autozam wrote:That picture is from Georgetown I can see Northside Autosport in the background. Krish lives very very close to that..lol

It wouldn't doubt me that cops are crusing around in taxi's

was just gunna say that... down guelph street by the shoeless joes.... thats gayyyy now there taxis???

what happens if ur drunk and call a taxi? do u get a cop??
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

also that number on the 'taxi' lol is the non emergency number for the cops.... so watch for that number if ur in the area...
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
boahx

Post by boahx »

:freak: i just hate cops in general they are pricks agaist tuners!
trick69

Post by trick69 »

so you guys are having the same issues I am! Get this I drive my truck around delivering pizzas "speeding" no problem. I drive the mx3 around maybe 10 over and get pulled over he says I'm doing 80 in a 50. they just make it up here in Sarnia realy crooked cops
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Apparently my buddy heard on BT this morning that many people complain about it and they pulled it.
Copied from: The Toronto Star:

Halton police abandon cruisers that look like taxis
May 21, 2009 04:30 AM
Comments on this story (2)
Jim Wilkes
Staff Reporter

Was that a taxi or a police car?

That's what motorists in parts of Halton Region have been asking for the past year.

Halton police say that they've been putting taxi-style lights atop some unmarked cars to nab speeders and aggressive drivers in Milton and Halton Hills.

But Insp. Bill Ford said the program, although successful, was scuttled three weeks ago because some folks thought it gave police an unfair advantage.

"Our goal here in Halton Region is to reduce the number of deaths caused by aggressive driving and motor vehicle accidents," Ford said. "It was very effective.

"But we're not about catching people committing traffic offences at any cost."

Ford said there was only one complaint from the public about the project, which was suggested by traffic officers who thought the lights would help police vehicles blend in more than unmarked cars alone.

"The complaint was that we were using a cab light, but my response is that we were using a police light that looks like a cab light," Ford said. "It didn't say Halton Taxi on it. It said POLICE 878-5511."

Part of the strategy was that motorists might start slowing down any time they saw a taxi, thinking it might just be a police car, Ford said.

Ford said Halton Region police Chief Gary Crowell initially supported the project, but learned some members of the public didn't.

"The feeling the chief had from the community was that it wasn't perceived as being fair," Ford said.

"It was perceived as being a dirty trick, I suppose.''
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Since when is life fair? Is it fair that some people constantly break speed limits and other laws? In my opinion, they just got upset cause the police finally figured out a smart way to catch 'em 8)
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Since when is life fair? Is it fair that some people constantly break speed limits and other laws? In my opinion, they just got upset cause the police finally figured out a smart way to catch 'em 8)
Let me ask you something.

If the speed limit on the 401 was lowered to 40km/h, would you obey it? Consistently?

If the speed limit on a major 3-4 lane suburb road were 30km/h, what speed would you go, and why?

*IF* money were eliminated from the equation, I'd agree with you.

However, it is the case that those writing the numbers on the signs profit from setting them inappropriately.

It's not a question of fairness; it's a question of corruption.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
_-Night-Shade-_

Nightfire, that's a lot of IFs. I only see what we have NOW. 40km/h is crazy that will never be set for highway speeds, too unrealistic. And I agree with you about the profit issue but frankly there are a lot of stupid drivers out there and I don't wanna be sharing the road with em. No offense but the people that complain about things like this are the people that have the most hard time following them.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Nightfire, that's a lot of IFs. I only see what we have NOW. 40km/h is crazy that will never be set for highway speeds, too unrealistic. And I agree with you about the profit issue but frankly there are a lot of stupid drivers out there and I don't wanna be sharing the road with em. No offense but the people that complain about things like this are the people that have the most hard time following them.
The people that complain about this are the ones that drive over the speed limit sometimes because the road is clear and it's completely safe. No matter what the cops say, that's what this was designed for. There are so little crazy drivers percentage-wise that targeting them is useless unless you have a whole force patrolling the streets. This is designed to catch the average joe driving 20 over for whatever reason.

Speed limits here are so ridiculous sometimes, especially on highways. What kind of limit is it if you have to drive above it to keep up with traffic?
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
_-Night-Shade-_

Mad Cow wrote:The people that complain about this are the ones that drive over the speed limit sometimes because the road is clear and it's completely safe.
Yeah I'm sure that's what that guy who was caught doing like 200+ in his G35 said as well.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
Mad Cow wrote:The people that complain about this are the ones that drive over the speed limit sometimes because the road is clear and it's completely safe.
Yeah I'm sure that's what that guy who was caught doing like 200+ in his G35 said as well.
I'm not talking about going 200. And show me an article where it says that program caught that guy, I'm curious.

It's just another sneaky way of catching speeders, do you really thing cops set up radar guns in hidden spots in the middle of the day on fairly busy roads to catch people going over twice the limit? Almost nobody is stupid enough to go that fast anywhere but deserted roads or highways. They set them up to catch people that are going a bit faster than everyone else.

I actually did a project on how useful speeding tickets are, you know what I found out? According to the MTO's own statistics each of these reasons caused more crashes than speeding in 2006:
Driving Properly
Following Too Close
Improper Turn
Disobey Traffic Control
Fail to Yield Right of Way
Lost Control
Improper Lane Change
Out of the 14 reasons, speeding was the 4th lowest, barely more than the 3rd lowest. And driving properly was by far the biggest cause.

I also found out that speeding tickets don't lower the amount of crashes caused by speeding at all, every year the number of crashes caused by speeding goes up and down randomly.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Nightfire, that's a lot of IFs. I only see what we have NOW. 40km/h is crazy that will never be set for highway speeds, too unrealistic. And I agree with you about the profit issue but frankly there are a lot of stupid drivers out there and I don't wanna be sharing the road with em. No offense but the people that complain about things like this are the people that have the most hard time following them.
Well you and me both man. I've been hit twice by drivers who lost control or weren't paying attention.

I'm all for getting cops out en-masse and ticketing idiot drivers. In fact, I'm so much for that, I'd say shut down all the damned radar traps (if you need radar, clearly nothing dangerous is going on), and put those cops at intersections, and randomly driving around.

Pull over people who are causing danger. Not people doing 130 in a 100 (road and traffic conditions permitting).
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”