[GI] Adjustable Cam Pulleys for K series/V6 engines

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: [GI] Adjustable Cam Pulleys for K series/V6 engines

Post by Mooneggs »

for the record is your name spelled 'marc' or 'mark'? I see your screenname is marcdh which leads me to believe it is spelled marc... and then your worklog says 'marco' - so what is your real name sir??

haha it's just been bugging me when people call you 'mark' if your name really is 'marc' or 'marco' :freak:
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

sweeeeeet looks like those pullies are a perfect circle to huh!?! no wobble at all!!! shud make for a better balanced rotating assembly and less stress on the cams
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Need to paint the centre bolt white/chrome :)

Aside from that, they be sexy.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
ChrisCDF

Post by ChrisCDF »

Hi All,

Thought I would introduce myself , I am the guy that made these :D

Big thanks to Marc for taking the time to arrange this and providing me with all the info I needed to make my job even easier ! top man!

If there is anything else I can do please give me a shout, We have a new Haas mini mill arriving on friday so we will now be able to make a lot more than just pulleys!

Thanks Chris
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Hey Chris ;) It's been a pleasure. Random fact: There have been just under 100 emails between us regarding these pulleys :lol: Look forward to bothering you with more custom part ideas :)

Attention Group Buyers
I've been researching various couriers etc. I think I've settled on one now, which operate through DHL. I'm slightly unsure about what to declare on customs. I'm not sure if "Gift" is going to cut it really, what are your opinions people? Shippings looking to be about $50USD to USA and Canada, which is typcial of what I pay to get things of this size here. Shockingly most couriers wanted $80+, ridiculous. Feedback very welcome with the shipping.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

As long as it's not UPS...i don't have a problem. Gift, it depends, but I believe you should leave it to the buyer. With a gift, you may get in trouble, but for customs, a gift is typically something of value of about $25 or less. I'd say, let the buyer decide to take the gamble of insuring it for a value of $25 to "hopefully" save on customs, but lose out if they get lost or damaged, or they have their proper value declared and take it like a mand and bend over when the customs bill comes in.

Coming overseas, I'd delare the proper value.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I would declare a 150-200$ value on the item for insurance reasons. Also, you don't want the post office breathing down your neck for lying. So far I have received a few things from the UK with no customs issues. As long as Canada Post is used once it arrives in Canada then there is almost always NO customs charges.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:As long as it's not UPS...i don't have a problem. Gift, it depends, but I believe you should leave it to the buyer. With a gift, you may get in trouble, but for customs, a gift is typically something of value of about $25 or less. I'd say, let the buyer decide to take the gamble of insuring it for a value of $25 to "hopefully" save on customs, but lose out if they get lost or damaged, or they have their proper value declared and take it like a mand and bend over when the customs bill comes in.

Coming overseas, I'd delare the proper value.
See my post in the customs topic. A company cannot declare anything as a gift...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Flyer wrote:See my post in the customs topic. A company cannot declare anything as a gift...
He's not a company...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Flyer wrote:See my post in the customs topic. A company cannot declare anything as a gift...
He's not a company...
Indeed, I'm not a company, nor do I have any profit margin. So it's not much of a sale, more like a charitable exchange!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
View Worklog
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

just declare actual total...
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

General consensus is declare the value. I'll try and get quotes for everyones area tonight and send totals. I got 25 flatpacked boxes yesterday so these are good to go :)
Mooneggs wrote:for the record is your name spelled 'marc' or 'mark'? I see your screenname is marcdh which leads me to believe it is spelled marc... and then your worklog says 'marco' - so what is your real name sir??

haha it's just been bugging me when people call you 'mark' if your name really is 'marc' or 'marco' :freak:
My name is spelt Marc, inspired by Marc Bolan (T-Rex) I'm told! Marc is taken on most forums so some are marcdh and some marco. I go through phases of correcting people, then phases of not being bothered..
View Worklog
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

marcdh wrote:General consensus is declare the value. I'll try and get quotes for everyones area tonight and send totals. I got 25 flatpacked boxes yesterday so these are good to go :)
Remember to fill out the details clearly on the declaration form (Automotive Part, value). If you have the one that makes a carbon copy, press hard on the sheet so it transfer fully.

One trick is to declare it as a "RMA" package...but you never heard that from me ;)
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

im interested.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

:?
Cody

Return to “New Product Development”