Projector Headlights-- I just want an answer...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
alex

Projector Headlights-- I just want an answer...

Post by alex »

Hey every one!
2 months ago i bought through the ebay the projectors with the 3 leds on the side..
They true is that they were smaller than the normal size of the OEM headlights.
Can u please tell me if the other ones (the GB ones which is also to ebay) is to normal size?
I really have to know because iam thinking of change them.
Last edited by alex on March 24th, 2009, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drive it like its stolen
http://www.mx-3club.gr
onlytrueromeo

Re: I just want an answer...

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I don't quite know - I can tell you though that I didn't see any gap when I installed mine, at least no more than stock. My bumper is bend down on one side and it looks exactly the same as it did stock, other side is flush. I have not seen the other lights in person though so I cannot compare them to the lights I got from the group buy.
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

I just ordered a pair of the ones in the group buy from Ebay yesterday, so when they get here Wed-Friday I'll be sure to let you know. My bumper, too, is bent down on one side, but my stock lights still sit evenly and the gap isn't that noticeable.

When they get here I'll reply again.
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

I don't think ure going to get a straight answer since to many ppl have there own opinions on both sets. :shrug: Everyone knows my view so thats what I think.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
alex

Post by alex »

A lot of people now own the projectors.
The one with the led one the side and the ones with the 3 led in a row.
If u check my topic http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=68845
u will read that they are others with the same problem.
I want to know what happens at all with the projectors not only for me
but basically for every one..
Besides me i represent the Greek Mazda Mx-3 Forum
and trust me they also want to know what happens...
So please help me if possible with photos or just posts.
For me will be very helpful since i decided to ask first and then buying the other headlights..
Drive it like its stolen
Thassodar

Re: Projector Headlights-- I just want an answer...

Post by Thassodar »

They were scheduled for delivery today...but no luck. If I get them tomorrow I'll post pictures and tell you if there's a gap with the eBay group-buy projectors.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Jesus, there's so much info on this and your opening another thread. Use the search option and do a little work yourself. The lights spyder sells are perfect. Check out fowljesse's thread.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
alex

Post by alex »

Thassodar wrote:They were scheduled for delivery today...but no luck. If I get them tomorrow I'll post pictures and tell you if there's a gap with the eBay group-buy projectors.
Tnx a lot my friend!I really need to know...Your help would be very useful!! :D :D :D :D
Drive it like its stolen
alex

Post by alex »

Daninski wrote:Jesus, there's so much info on this and your opening another thread. Use the search option and do a little work yourself. The lights spyder sells are perfect. Check out fowljesse's thread.

There are approximately about 1500+ post about the projector headlights.
I search for pics in all of them but i didnt find what i was looking for..
And after all i dont force anyone to answer me..
If someone feels that he want to help he helps because he wanna to do it..
Also do not forget that the issue size may help a lot of the members and all the info are useful.
Drive it like its stolen
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

What people are STILL not realising... is that there AFTERMARKET!!! And aftermarket parts do not fit all the same nor do they bolt right on or plug right in for the most part! If you but a CF/fiberglass hood or hatch... will it fit perfect...? NO there is little fitment issues all the time that take a little work to get them just right! Same with body kits and so on.... Mine fit and work great. BE THANKFULL SOMEONE ACTUALLY MADE THE HEADLIGHTS!! Now can this all stop!
ImageImageImage
alex

Post by alex »

colinsmx3 wrote:What people are STILL not realising... is that there AFTERMARKET!!! And aftermarket parts do not fit all the same nor do they bolt right on or plug right in for the most part! If you but a CF/fiberglass hood or hatch... will it fit perfect...? NO there is little fitment issues all the time that take a little work to get them just right! Same with body kits and so on.... Mine fit and work great. BE THANKFULL SOMEONE ACTUALLY MADE THE HEADLIGHTS!! Now can this all stop!
Iam really happy for u and for anyone that is satisfied with his bought...But...
1-The fact that they are aftermarket does not mean they had to be smaller.I was happy because i thought i bought something right like altezzas..
Dont be satisfied just because they are out..They are NOT the correct size and u know it.
My opinion is that IF U WANT TO DO SOMETHING DO IT RIGHT.And those projectors are not.Only if u have an aftermarket bumper or modified hood
u can do something. And
2-If u dont want to reply to this topic just dont do it.
U have no reason to tell to others to ''stop'' this.
First of all i ask for some help and if someone feels that he want to help he can do it.
Believe me they are many members who DONT HAVE AFTERMARKET BUMPER and they want to know what finally happens with those headlights..
So please just watch or help.
Drive it like its stolen
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Well first off YOU asked for opinions... you got one! NO ONE can help in the sence of "what is going to happen" with these lights.... They are for sale and will continue to be for yrs to come no matter what since they are mass produced! I am just not sure WHY you can't decide for yourself... You have seen the outcome of the group buy lights, you know peoples views and I think alot of ppl are wondering why there is another post on this. It's simple if you wan't to return ure lights then you can do that and get the other lights, you shouldn't need other people to decide for you. :shrug:
What did you expect the outcome will be and what people are going to say that hasn't already been said before...
ImageImageImage
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

colinsmx3 wrote:Well first off YOU asked for opinions... you got one! NO ONE can help in the sence of "what is going to happen" with these lights.... They are for sale and will continue to be for yrs to come no matter what since they are mass produced! I am just not sure WHY you can't decide for yourself... You have seen the outcome of the group buy lights, you know peoples views and I think alot of ppl are wondering why there is another post on this. It's simple if you wan't to return ure lights then you can do that and get the other lights, you shouldn't need other people to decide for you. :shrug:
What did you expect the outcome will be and what people are going to say that hasn't already been said before...
:werd:

The answers are out there. Jesse did a great write up and so did Colin. If these are not good enough for you.. I don't think anyone else can help you. I like the fitment and have the MS bumper. Jesse's are great and his body is stock. If they are smaller, I can't tell. Not like it's going to be a thrill measuring a curved surface to make one guy happy.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

It seems the european bumpers/headlights are slightly different from the americans. That's why we have a small gap.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

Still no headlights...I'm getting a bit annoyed now. They were estimated for yesterday, they aren't here today, and they don't ship on Sunday I'm pretty sure. I don't know what to tell you but to wait a bit longer.

To the other people: Quit being dicks. Seriously. He bought the other MX-3 projectors (same ones as Colins), they had a pretty big gap. He doesn't appreciate the gap so he's considering getting the other projectors (the ones from the group buy), but before he does he want's to make sure that they aren't too small. I just happened to order some last Sunday, so I offered to take pictures of them EVEN THOUGH fowljesse did a write up of them already. Honestly who cares if there's another topic about projectors? It's a forum about MX-3's, and this is the sub-forum about Appearance. Just because the topic is at the top of the page doesn't mean you have to READ it. If you're not going to put something productive in a topic, don't put anything at all. You could have attempted to reassure him that the other projectors would fit, rather than berate him for asking questions.

Return to “Appearance”