No egr KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ramsen25

No egr KLZE

Post by ramsen25 »

hey everyone i was told when puttin a klze in to hookup the egr so i dont get a code well i did it another way at school my teacher did it instead of plugging the egr in he just puttin a couple resistors in the plugs and i guess it will fool the computer now im not getting a code if neone likes to do it that way i can ask my teacher exactly how to do it. just thought i would throw this in there lol
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: No egr KLZE

Post by Daninski »

All info is good info. Get the facts from him then put it in the FAQ.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Just get a KLZE ECU or a Probinator, and it's not an issue.

Or use a KLDE ECU and hook up the EGR properly.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

lol well, my check engine light is on... and i have the probinator chip... but it doesnt pull any codes on a legit code reader. everything works though just the egr is deleted.
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Dragyn Vyrus wrote:lol well, my check engine light is on... and i have the probinator chip... but it doesnt pull any codes on a legit code reader. everything works though just the egr is deleted.
Hmm, that doesn't make any sence at all

1) Probinators are suppose to not show a CEL at all. I know many who can confirm this.
2) On a Probinator, I believe that you still get a code for the EGR.
3) A code reader doesn't work on an OBDI Mx-3, At All. Our code reader is a paperclip and if you go fancy, an LED
4) Everything will work with no EGR, and depending on your setup and the condition of the motor, you just may or may not pass your emmissions test, if you have them,
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Dragyn Vyrus wrote:lol well, my check engine light is on... and i have the probinator chip... but it doesnt pull any codes on a legit code reader. everything works though just the egr is deleted.
Hmm, that doesn't make any sence at all

1) Probinators are suppose to not show a CEL at all. I know many who can confirm this.
2) On a Probinator, I believe that you still get a code for the EGR.
3) A code reader doesn't work on an OBDI Mx-3, At All. Our code reader is a paperclip and if you go fancy, an LED
4) Everything will work with no EGR, and depending on your setup and the condition of the motor, you just may or may not pass your emmissions test, if you have them,

I could swear that i saw i hooked up to a code reader. :?
either way i have confused about 10 mechanics, no one seems to know why its on. All of them say that there isn't a reason, but its just there. And i know that the CEL isn't supposed to be on with the chip, but it is... Any thoughts?
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Unlike the KL31/36, the CEL still works on a Probinator, just not for the EGR. Pull the codes, it's going to more likely be something else.
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Yes there is a code reader for our cars I have personally used one one of the guys that used to be a mechanic that worked at our store as a manager had a snap-on code reader you have to use the universal plugs with the Ford primary and the Japnease secondary card it will pull codes read codes and erase them as well.. But the only catch is it costs about 7-8 grand..
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Mr.mx-3 wrote:Yes there is a code reader for our cars I have personally used one one of the guys that used to be a mechanic that worked at our store as a manager had a snap-on code reader you have to use the universal plugs with the Ford primary and the Japnease secondary card it will pull codes read codes and erase them as well.. But the only catch is it costs about 7-8 grand..
And where would this plug into??? Cause to my knowledge... there is no plug at all and to plug into the Diagnostic box.... well thats just a no.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

In the diagnostics box on the fire wall mine has it. it's a 93mx3 GS even my 95 mx-6 had it.
"Funny" it didn't have a problem pulling the codes at all when I got this iradic idle problem I got 3 codes 1 was for the air temp.sensor. 2 was AIC, 3 was tpms or coolent temp. sensor I can't remember for sure. Just as I said before you can't just go down to just any auto parts store and pick up one it's a specialty tool specifically from Snap-On..
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

yup that's what we have at my work. nice snap on one.
i was sure i wasn't seeing things. and now im positive lol
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Of course that was for the K8 the ze maybe a little diff. But you can try it with the Mellineia or the Mx-6/Probe depending on what you think your motor would have come out of or ecu you have that one I'm a little unsure of but just to pull codes in theroy nonetheless it should still work..Granted you have to use the either Ford or Mazda adaptor with the multi cable and the Ford as the primary card as bad as I hate to say it but Ford imports Mazda so Ford has some parts associated with them and the Jap.diagnostic card so it can get the codes for these..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”