Paint's Done

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
projectzemx3

Re: Paint's Done

Post by projectzemx3 »

mint!
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

Nice! I want under the hood pics! :D
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

mx-3_4evr wrote:Nice! I want under the hood pics! :D
you always wanna see under the hood 8)
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

mx-3_4evr wrote:Nice! I want under the hood pics! :D
I just forgot to take them before I dropped it back off. Probably take a bunch of pics at the meet this weekend and post them up. I'm anxious to show everyone the engine bay. That's where a lot of my time went. I got into a lot of fine details in the engine bay.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

very very nice work. you puttin some tint?
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

MX-3zoom wrote:very very nice work. you puttin some tint?
good point, some tint would look very nice
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Since it is a bit of a black/gold theme I've been thinking about tint. Something light though. Just enough to provide the contrast, but light enough to show off the interior at the same time. I have an extra hood emblem that I'll be doing in black as well to see how it looks.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Uber mint! Can't wait to see the engine bay, sounds sad but its true! Tidying the wires is something Id like to do too. They're far too messy, need to sort out wireless electricity!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
stevesei

Post by stevesei »

Andy, all I can say is "good job!" My before pics are much worse than yours, tyhough, and I don't have 'after' pics, since I'm going to be under construction for a while.

Steve
Steve Seiter
Blue '92 GS, Milly square-port DE with stainless headers, Stoker100 chip, HEI/Blaster conversion,
2.25" exhaust, High flow cat, ZX-2 shocks, short shifter, urethane front bushings, 17x7s with 595 Evos
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Man, I had to add to this topic..... Your car is totally awesome! From the paint,... to the way you have your dash sorted with the gauges.... it's a must I give you props on that :D Also, you mentioned those are new headlights? Great look on that man... but now with the upgraded lights available... will you get a set of chrome ones? Or will you keep those lights you have in now?

Once again, great job man.... that car has quality workmanship painted all over it :P
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Thanks for all the compliments.

I considered some of the new projector lights, but I'll be sticking with the brand new oem lights. I like the way those look better than the projectors with the halos and leds added in. I was really close to buying the projectors, but I think those look better on darker colored mx3s.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

sick dude... car looks awesome! :o
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Props man. We do not see that kind of detail on the MX-3 much anymore. I realy enjoyed the pics. The paint is nice, but I am loving on the details. The interior looks awesome- 1 question though. How do you live in S. FL. without some sort of AC panel controlls?... You have either hidden the controlls (which I would like to see) or you go without, which must get blistering hot.
I've always been a fan of your engine stuff so please post us some pics soon. Also, consider getting a bit of webspace somewhere and starting a gallery. You've been a tuner for a long time now. It would be cool to follow your progress from earlier to now.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

There was a meet in Orlando this weekend and although I never took my camera out, other people got a bunch of pics for me. I've only found one of the engine bay so far, here it goes...

Moved the fusebox, rerouted the alternator wiring so nothing travels along the front of the engine, along with quite a few other details. I spent a lot of time attempting to do a KL style wire tuck.

Also, a few more pics taken this weekend I liked.

Cloud Cover vs Sunny

Metallic

Oh Pat, I've been thinking about doing a work progress gallery. I've had mx3ze.com for years and never use it. I've got pictures of the car all the way back to the day I bought it in 2005. I'll have some free time in April and May that I'm gonna try and use towards making a website. It's been years since I did one so I'm a little rusty.

To answer the question about the AC, it's long gone. I hardly drive the car so it doesn't bother me. I also like hot weather, even in my cars with AC it's rarely turned on. I grew up in Florida so anything under 75 degrees and I'm freezing.

I actually have very few power options left. All I have left that is power are the locks and the sunroof. Swapping to crank windows was my favorite, no more busted power window switches.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Awesome.
I'd love to see it in person.
It looks like polished Titanium, which I like more than gold.

I also like the details, and the TB extender.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”