Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Race Car IP - 2013 in Review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mx3autozam

Re: Mooneggs 1992 mx-3 gs "race car" IP

Post by mx3autozam »

what size is that exhaust piping..I am going to take a guess and say 2.25 by the looks of it
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

You've got me scared.. Mine is loud. I tore out of a parallel parking space to cut 3 lanes over, in front of a cop, at about 4,500 rpm, which means my exhaust was about 100db, pointed at him. I was lucky he didn't pull me over!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

"JP Innovations does not warranty custom exhaust systems against decible violations or fireballs exiting from vehicles."
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

cjthor wrote:"JP Innovations does not warranty custom exhaust systems against decible violations or fireballs exiting from vehicles."
Damn!! LOL!!! Sounds pretty cool

I'm going to ask the question of an idiot but I see you took the motor and trans out/in through the top I was under the impression these had to be done from the bottom as in takeing the subframe loose while on a lift and raise the car and it all falls out.. But from what you've got in the pics it's not nessary.. Sorry just really parranoid something is gonna go compleatly wrong with mine being it's the first one of these I've ever done.

B.T.W. Mooneggs Ever thought of running duel lines out the side I'm pretty sure you've seen the stupid bolt on dummy tips that screw into the side skirts comming out at about a 45% angle?? If you ever decided to build another run the pipes out like that for real right in front of the rear tires think it would make one look BEAST espically after pushing in the clutch and letting off the gas at high RPM's throwing fire balls out both sides..
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

These guys just like to kick it ol'school. :lol: I worked at a late model auto wrecker and took-out 200+ engines. Most Front Wheel drive cars (from the mid eighties to the present) I find much easier to remove the engine out the bottom.

Just remeber to remove any bolts you won't be able to access after the sub-frame is on the floor. :D
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Mr.mx-3 wrote: B.T.W. Mooneggs Ever thought of running duel lines out the side I'm pretty sure you've seen the stupid bolt on dummy tips that screw into the side skirts comming out at about a 45% angle?? If you ever decided to build another run the pipes out like that for real right in front of the rear tires think it would make one look BEAST espically after pushing in the clutch and letting off the gas at high RPM's throwing fire balls out both sides..
I had thought about it and it's not totally out of the question. Jesse has his exiting in front of the right rear tire and it's cool... I was just looking for a little more stock approach...

eventually I may change it up since I have new headers as well...
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

I was thinking of doing this myself but due to clearance issues it could be a prob. since my driveway is not the smoothest thing around would wind up ripping it out before I got in my spot.. IE which is why I didn't lower it..
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

made some awesome progress this weekend!

• Replaced the both valve cover gaskets
• Installed pheno spacers on the IM and TB
• Installed bored out k8 TB
• Installed 7 nipple distributor including new o-ring (no more oil leakage)
• Motor flush and oil and oil filter change
• Fixed the power steering leaks

Unfortunately we found that that plug wires 1, 3, and 5 had damage to them so I am losing considerable spark before it gets to the plug. Hopefully I will have a new set before the weekend.

Hopefully next saturday I can complete the rest of my list:

• Replace the master and slave cylinders
• install right rear SS brake line
• flush the brake system and fill with Racing Blue fluid
• Coolant system flush and replace (including water wetter)
• redo the CAI

Then I should be ready for the race on Sunday! :driver:

Upcoming projects (maybe in 2 weeks):
• Install whiteline rear swaybar with wytbishops endlinks
• Install upgraded brake pads
• buy some race tires :D
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

how much did you bore out your K8 throttle body?
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I was very impressed with my car's performance last Sunday... the handling was amazing in the rain!! a bit of understeer with no oversteer whatsoever! First race of the season and I'm stoked!!

check it out: http://www.eescc.org/Results.cfm?getRes ... W&selName=*" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

best time: 49.811

yes I beat the other mx-3's but Dana had tire issues and it was Jesse's first time :D

Thanks to Dana for helping me get my car running before the event! It ended up being some issues with the pickups inside the distributor (after I replaced everything else - :roll: )
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

NICE RUN man. Damn I had to look twice to be sure I was seeing straight SOMEBODY WAS ACCUALLY RUNNING A FESTIVIA??? did it have the GTX swap in it?? I've got a 89 and was thinking of doing it after I got done with my mazda just to make one hell of a sleeper car and really make the honda boys go WTF?? LOL!! I mean think about it 245 horses in a car that might weigh 1500LBS. soaking wet sounds pretty sick to me..
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mr.mx-3 wrote:NICE RUN man. Damn I had to look twice to be sure I was seeing straight SOMEBODY WAS ACCUALLY RUNNING A FESTIVIA??? did it have the GTX swap in it?? I've got a 89 and was thinking of doing it after I got done with my mazda just to make one hell of a sleeper car and really make the honda boys go WTF?? LOL!! I mean think about it 245 horses in a car that might weigh 1500LBS. soaking wet sounds pretty sick to me..
Depends which GTX. The BP 1.8 is 180hp and the B6 1.6 is only 147hp. Even the BPT is only 210hp...way off from 245hp

Typically it'll have a B6, BP's require cutting of the frame.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

i thought a n/a BP only had 127 horse. a 180 sounds way to much.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

huh I guess I was a little miss informed I was reading up on this along time ago before I got my mx3 it was a website kinda like this one and that's what they were saying and then again they could've been using hudge turbos.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Nice times Mark! very impressive, especially against some of the other cars there... mr.cone hunter!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”