Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

Post by SuperK »

My projectors are kinda wobbly and not secure.... when the hood is up, I can take the light and wobble it back and forth... Anyone else's lights like this?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

So will there be another gb down the road? I'll be broke for months yet, but I'm curious.
Cody
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

My projectors are the same, Kris. I thought I installed them wrong when they did that. It looks like its the rubber thats flexing, rather than the plastic.
sishi

Post by sishi »

Hopefully Ray is still on forum...from time to time and check PM's... :(
colinf004

Post by colinf004 »

Ray, I still haven't received my order I placed 2 weeks ago.....
I haven't even received an tracking #'s ?????? any reason why I haven't seen any numbers yet?
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

all pms replied, don't worry, i am still with you guys. But as far as the installation stuff, Jesse might know more than me, i still never seen one in person in CA yet.

-Ray
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Just got my headlights. Outstanding build quality and packing job! Thanks Ray and everyone else who helped the group buy succeed!
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

I'll weigh in on these puppys now that I've used 'em for a few days. I have a few minor gripes.

I had a problem with the leds as well, I tested 'em before I mounted the lights and everything was cool, then after I installed them 3 went out. So I yanked all of 'em and made sure the wires were lined up right, now they're perfect.

I also noticed that my driver side light seems a little loose, not terrible bad though, I haven't looked to close yet to see why only the one is wiggly. I'll check it when I aim them properly on friday, right now they've only got a 25 foot "that should be pretty close" adjustment.

Other than that they're built crazy solid. It took me twice as long to get the lenses off of these bastards than my factory lights, I think it took me over an hour to get 'em both off with a good heat gun. I wouldn't be too worried about moisture unless you see a total gap in the sealer.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

I just noticed something ...

I ordered the HID kit (6k), and don't have any ballasts. Is this normal? Are the ballasts internal to the lights, or did I receive the regular halogen lights?

They also look awfully yellow for 6k.
- Gord
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

When I got mine the reg H1 bulbs were in the lights, and the HID kit was packed in a white foam, umm... packing... in one of the light boxes. The ballasts are about 4x3x1 plus a bunch of wire.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

I am still trying to figure out how to get the lightbulbs out of the high and low beam compartments repsectively...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I didn't screw with the high beams, but there's a metal wire curl that you have to push in, and toward the light, to get it under the retainer. I could take a picture of it, if you have your lights installed already.
For the record, I haven't had a single issue with the lights.
For the wobbliness, could you put up pictures or vids of where the issue is?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Jutzi420 wrote:When I got mine the reg H1 bulbs were in the lights, and the HID kit was packed in a white foam, umm... packing... in one of the light boxes. The ballasts are about 4x3x1 plus a bunch of wire.
Yeah mine was definitely missing. I PM'd ray.

I'm actually surprised how bright the non-hibeam halogen lights are. But not blue. :(
- Gord
albarsv

Post by albarsv »

Yesterday I receive the headlights
They were packed very well and nothing is missing. Headlights seem better than on pictures :D
Just some questions:
- the low beam position lights are the outer one? So I have to install the HID kit there, correct?
- the black led's wires is the ground or the +12V wire?
Any hint for mounting and/or connection?
Thanks
:D
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Black is the ground.

Return to “Appearance”