New record KLZE turbo at the track!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
johnmx3ze

Re: New record KLZE turbo at the track!

Post by johnmx3ze »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
johnmx3ze wrote:
hgallegos915 wrote:I sure did... but it was not a good pof a clutch that I tought it was. I think it was a knock off version.. thats what I get for going the cheap way the first time..
i did that too i bought an ebay F1 racing shitt and now i have a bully stage 3 and i love it...
In other words you learned the hard way....
yep the ebay clutch lasted 3 months on the ze
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Heres my advise, go get a nice ACT 6 puck with the Xtreme PP and keep your stock flywheel. My car is now at 364whp after the latest tune and addition of my midpipe and the clutch doesnt skip a beat no matter what I do with it. Lightweight flywheels are fine all motor on the MX but with a turbo ZE its just gonna climb the revs too fast for your tires to keep up. Also, last I checked NT01s are pretty good tires, not slicks by any means but definitely not the reason for 15 second ¼ times and 2.4 60's. I think your car really needs the clutch badly and the driver mod :lol: And try lowering your tire pressure.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Shades

Post by Shades »

hgallegos915 wrote:Yeah new record for SLOWNESS...

WTH!?

I ran consistant 15.1 and 15.2...

This track is ALL concrete.. My tires were worthless (nitto nt01) 15 inch.

and when I baby 1st gear it still slips.. it start grabbing by second gear.. Im going back next week with my stock 17 inch street tires and see what happens.. I was hoping to at least break into the 14s...

How is switching to a lower profile tire gonna help your launch?... you're gonna get even more wheel hop with 17's than 15's.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I got a 15.2 with my bigger profile tires.

I had a 15.1 with the smaller tires.

The driver mod needs some work.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Just letting you all know, the main seal is bad and was leaking oil to the clutch.

the fidanza surface is all slick.. so i jjust ordered a replacement and I already received my clutch.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

Well considering a K8 will slip like mad with gear oil on the disk, I would say theres most of your problem.
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

Yeah you deff had a problem, but if you were spinning you need some work on your driving, i got consistant 2.0 2.1 on full pressure street tires. even got a 1.9 once.
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

Trap speed @ 93mph... I'm curious as to what whp showed up on the dyno.
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.

Return to “Forced Induction”