KLZE AWD Swap Research!

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
kiwimx3

Re: KLZE AWD Swap Research!

Post by kiwimx3 »

Im not going to beat around the bush, your wasting your time.
for a AWD setup to do 11's you would need to make 600WHP
run slicks and have everything stand up to the abuse!

Go and buy a EVO .......
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Why would you need 600whp? There cannot be THAT much drivetrain loss...There is so much wheelspin on turbo KL's that being able to put down the power would have to be an improvement. I don't want to buy an evo and have to fix it every week...I also want to be unique.

I know you would have to push more power than normal to get the same speed out of the car, but it would be nowhere near twice as much. I'm tryin to find the video of a 11.xx second AWD 323 or protege that was putting downing around 300ish HP and torque.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

I'm also very interested in this project... I wouldn't be getting into this anytime soon, but if my MX-3 is still around in 2-3 years and I've run out of projects, and someone has proved this can be done, I'd take a shot at it. :)
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

My crazy scheme, some time ago, was twin engine, 4 wheel drive. Front wheel drive in the front and rear wheel drive in the back. I had it all worked out and it is totally doable, with enough money. But it was hair brained to say the least.

Doable, but hair brained.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

wytbishop wrote:My crazy scheme, some time ago, was twin engine, 4 wheel drive. Front wheel drive in the front and rear wheel drive in the back. I had it all worked out and it is totally doable, with enough money. But it was hair brained to say the least.

Doable, but hair brained.
Isn't there a Tiburon that's exactly like that?

Lol, yep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yofZIcTkCiw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

ive seen some rear engine rwd converted volkswagen corrados with turbo vr6's in the back.

just putting a ze in the rear of an mx3 would be alright. you could look through the hatch glass right at it.

difficult to set up a shifter tho.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

projectzemx3 wrote:ive seen some rear engine rwd converted volkswagen corrados with turbo vr6's in the back.

just putting a ze in the rear of an mx3 would be alright. you could look through the hatch glass right at it.

difficult to set up a shifter tho.
putting an engine + transmission in the back of a car.... and you're worried about the shifter being difficult? :lol:
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
se7en

Post by se7en »

ya, that would be the hard part....everything else would be pretty simple.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Nothing is really hard, when physics is your friend.

Actually...AMAT306 was pretty hard...but everything else is pretty much cake compared to that.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I've been searching around for Efini MS-6 info (Basically Mazda 626) and it seems that it came AWD too, and even the 4cyl (or maybe is it the KF) had AWD too. I'm curious to know if there was indeed a manual transmission version of it, since the 626 did come in 5-speed, and auto AWD 4cyl would be pretty sluggish.

(Check the badge on the fender, and the one on the lower rear door)
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9633/m ... 620199.jpg

These are the cars that had AWD:
MAZDA CAPELLA CARGO, MAZDA CRONOS, EFINI MS-6, MAZDA CLEF, NIHON FORD TELSTAR WAGON, NIHON FORD TELSTAR
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I don't want conventional AWD. I want 2 engines. Front one drives the front wheels, rear one drives the rear wheels. I might even put a BP in back and a ZE in front.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Lol, that I understood, i just posted information to initial topic of this tread.

Lol, I think my on-topic post was off-topic.. :lol:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Try to stay unfocused Mike...ok?
My Worklog
My feedback thread
se7en

Post by se7en »

Okay, I m going to thread jack this one....but do any of those cars with AWD also include the v6?

v6 awd turbo 5-spd mx-3 would be great!
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

^That's what I'm talking about, and what the post was originally about :lol:

I don't want a twin engine car, at least not the mx3. It would kill weight distribution, and would use up alot of space, and be silly, unless the car was originally designed for it.

I WILL be designing and building my own car someday, I hope it happens sooner than later - I just need to graduate so I can make money to fund my wicked ideas...

Manual CVT AWD car w/ LSD, powered by a turbo diesel w/ gobs or torque anyone? (This clearly wouldn't be the mx3 - but since we're off topic anyway!)

Return to “Transmissions”