GS-R vs RS-T

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Feivel

GS-R vs RS-T

Post by Feivel »

ii currently own a 92 mx-3, it's got many problems and i figure it would be easier and cheaper just to swap out my kl-ze into another GS, although a 94 with the bubble dash and sunroof. then i started thinking everybody that knows turbo says it's better off to buy turbo then build it. so hence my question, would i be better of getting another gs, or buying the RS and procure myself a descent 4cyl turbo engine, i got a buddy of mine who has like 5 mx-6 gt 4cyl. turbo engines port and polish blah blah blah. would it be better or me to swap the GS or frankenstein a RS???????

thanks for your opinions, very appreciated thanks :)
colinsmx3

Re: GS-R vs RS-T

Post by colinsmx3 »

hmmm well to put on of the older MX6 F2 engine I belive it's alot of custom work... I know it's been done but not to offten! Your better to buy a BPT which will drop right in there. Or just Turbo the ZE! :welder:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well that F2 frankenstein job is a serious project. If that's what you're into then you'd have a lot of fun making it work. If you just want the best bang for your buck, turbo the ZE. It'll cost a lot less and be running a lot sooner.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

If the car is your DD, I'd recommend just swapping the ZE and turbo it. It'll be decently quick when its not spinning, reliable on fairly low boost, and would be the most cost effective. If this is a fun car that you're building I'd go with either a BP swap with turbo or a BPT swap. Theres alot of aftermarket for that motor and it makes power easier than a turbo ZE. An F2 swap is from what I hear not as hard as alot of people think but its going to be a longer, more expensive process regardless since there is going to be custom work involved. I hear its not too hard but I have absolutely no personal experience with the swap so dont quote me, its all heresay. If you are able to pull off that swap though, it is beast. I've seen 500whp on stock internals, and the 10 sec MX-3 from PR has that swap done. Hes a member here, you should find him and ask him how hard the swap was.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Correction, Illa, Rafi is running a FE3, not an F2.
If I remember correctly, he said he had to do some custom fab on the frame for the motor mounts, and the engine sat a bit higher than normal.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”