95 mx3 1.6 no heat?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
onlytrueromeo

Re: 95 mx3 1.6 no heat?

Post by onlytrueromeo »

He said he tried 2 thermostats? Yeah, they are cheap tho!
petiec

Post by petiec »

Replaced 2 termostats already one was 185 and the other is 195 and yet still nothing?Can it be the water pump?But its been doing this for couple pf winters?
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Its not the water pump if its been doing it for a few years running...you would have overheated in the summer...

Do your fans stay on ALL the time?
petiec

Post by petiec »

No you dont think its the waterpump?What about the Temp. senser?No the fans dont stay on,l m not sure but l dont think l ever seen them on :lol: They probably go on in the summer when its really hot, :lol: ?Hope somebody can figure this problem out?Been to dealerships what a waste of money and time :evil: Said they will find out 200 dollars later they say would cost to much money to have them go and figure it out?There answer is drive in the summer or just sell it CHEAP car ! That really pissed me off calling an MX3 cheap l think there just CLOWNS!
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Okay so! I drive a soch 1.6 and My heat has gone out twice... The first time the belt that powers my water pump broke.. so engine over heat and no heat. and the second time i had a hole in my radiator so no heat could be conducted and thrown into the cockpit:] all fixed now thow!
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
petiec

Post by petiec »

Rad. was replaced last year, and dont notice any leaks ,or coolant shortage?l try the coolant sensor and a Rad. again this week.l just know this is going to cost big $$ :crying: l remember the Rad. being around 370 dollars and the sensor lm guessing 30 dollars?Oh god the pain! Thanks again everyone for the suggestions :D and still if anyone has any suggestions please HELP! Want to say that you guys already have been more helpful then those idiots at the dearlship.
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

oh god dont ever pay that much for a radiator again! take yours in and request a rebuild or a broken one that was fixed.. when i went in it was 90 bucks for a used one:D it looked brand new
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok it has to be the valve. I don't care if you've checked the linkage take the dame valve off or pull the hose off of it and make sure it's actually moving. The shaft could be broke. That's it all right move over, I'll just wrench this and turn that and SNAP! OOOww my knuckels. Disconnect this and ,,,aaawwww cooolant in the eyes and ooww the fan came on and chopped off my index fingure and the damn dogs peeing on my leg again. Bla bla bla. I love working on cars. :crying: :crying:
Last edited by Daninski on March 2nd, 2009, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
petiec

Post by petiec »

[quote="Daninski"]Ok it has to be the valve. I don't care if you've checked the linkage take the dame valve off or pull the hose off of it and make sure it's actually moving. The shaft could be broke. That's it all right move over I'll just wrench this and turn that and SNAP! OOOww my knuckels. Disconnect this and ,,,aaawwww cooolant in the eyes and ooww the fan came on the chopped off my index fingure and the damn dogs peeing on my leg again. Bla bla bla. I love working on cars. :crying: :crying:[/quote ?????????? Does anyone know what he is tryig to say?Are you trying to say check the Termostat valve?l dont think l offended him in anyway?You were very helpful with your suggestions early on but now ???????????Thanks everyone for suggestions still trying to figure this out?
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

My car is like that too. It heats up after 3km w/o block heater, 1/2km with. It blows just over luke warm. In summer, it blows hot for the first 3km as all the hosery is hot... 2/60 AC FTW :)

I'll flush coolant when I do the swap. Hope it helps.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I meant the valve that directs the coolant to your heater core. When you move the heat control in your car it either moves the valve directly by linkage or some cars use engine vaccum. So check the valve on the firewall to confirm it's actually opening. I'll go to the on line maunual and attach a link here. Sorry I was just fooling around with my post. Boredom I guess.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok after much searching found it at Rockauto. Go to this link I think this is your problem.
http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/09 ... oPages.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

lost_mx3

Post by lost_mx3 »

had the same problem. after a few freezing months with no or very little heat i fixed it. i took the two connections in the pic off stuck the garden hose with the end wrapped in duct tape to one of them (on the firewall) and flushed for a couple minutes. then stuck the hose to the other one. and repeat. put everything back together, topped off the coolant. went for a quick test drive. had little heat in 3-5 minutes, then full toasty shortly after.

connections marked with red arrows
1995 MX-3 1.6 DOHC 5SP.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”