How much for BPT MX-3?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

How much for BPT MX-3?

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

OK now that my FD is coming out of the body shop, shes gonna be alittle too sexy to be daily driving and leaving parked around these NYC streets getting dinged up by wreckless a-- people. So I'm wondering, since I couldnt find any for sale, how much are good running BPT MX-3s going for these days? I'm talking about a good running car capable of DD'ing, not a project car that needs work. I've had a stock 4 banger, I've had a GS, I've had a GS KLDE, and I've had a GS KLZE, and I'm looking to complete the cycle hahaha. I'm looking at a BPT because I need some sort of speed to keep me from wanting to take out the FD all the time and a low 14 second KLZE wont cut it for me anymore like it did in the past. My FD runs mid-high 11s so I'd like a BPT that can run trap speeds that would be consistent with a ¼ mile time deep in the 13s at least. The car doesnt have to run low 13s (traction is tough to get with these cars I know) but I'd like it to have a high trap speed consistent with a low 13 second run.

How much would I be looking at if I could even find a car like this here? Its been a long time since I've looked up prices on MX-3s in general so bear with me guys. Thanks.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Mx3Kid16

Re: How much for BPT MX-3?

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Alot of work and money!
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Check craigslist a bunch, or wait on the forums. I've seen a few BP's that have been turbo'd go up lately. Unless you really want the BPT, there are more turbo BP's floating around.

You can also look for a BPT protege and either stick with that, or swap it into an MX3. You can get a cheap RS, protege will cost a bit more and it shouldn't be TOO hard to do the swap. :shrug:
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

how reliable is a bp that has been turbo'd?
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Very. If you want it to be bullet, or boost proof, do some rings and maybe regrind valves and it should go for a very long time on quite a bit of boost. The motor was built for it.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Hey Illa come up and pick this up! Familia GTX if it were a GTR i'd be all over it!
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z108656364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$7700 aint bad for Turbo, AWD, and an Icon at that!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

colinsmx3 wrote:Hey Illa come up and pick this up! Familia GTX if it were a GTR i'd be all over it!
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z108656364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$7700 aint bad for Turbo, AWD, and an Icon at that!
Thanks for the link but no way would I ever rock that thing haha. I love the drivetrain but the body is just the ugliest thing that Mazda ever built. And $7700 is insane, I've seen them go for about $3000 out here in good condition. I love MX-3s still, thats my first Mazda love and I would love a decently quick one for a DD. The KLZE is just too slow without turbo and I've never had a BPT so thats what I want this time around.

BTW Colin, when my FD gets out the shop I'm gonna post up photoshoot pics here so you can see it. I remember awhile back you were interested in seeing it. The exterior isnt completely done but its getting there, I still need the CF rear diffuser and rims but everything else is done.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Illa Killa wrote: And $7700 is insane, I've seen them go for about $3000 out here in good condition.
A Mazda 323 GTR AWD for $3000? Are you serious?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Not a GTR, a GT-X.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Meh, those would be cool but they're RHD...I don't want to go through the hassle of having a RHD car, more insurance and I'd prob get screwed from some stupid person hitting me, blaming it on me because I have a RHD car or something...lawyers can twist anything nowadays.

Now if you could convert one of those to LHD pretty easily, that'd be sweet. I know you could swap dashes and front subframes, and you'd need to drill a new hole for the steering column, but other than that, what else would there be? Oh ya, they're definitely ugly cars stock...but w/ some work they can look...adequate.

Illa, if you're looking for more of a DD (not to discourage you from mx3's) but you could get a BP protege for cheap, and turbo it yourself. It'd be one hell of a sleeper, and you could fit 4 people in it :lol:

Otherwise, you should just look into getting a cheap B6 mx3 w/ a blow head or something and do the swap yourself. ~6k and you could have a nice car, BP, and turbo. Money keeps adding up depending what you do.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

No offense guys, I'm not looking for suggestions for cars. I'm wondering how much a BPT or a BP turbo'd MX-3 is going for these days. I'll never be seen in an ugly a-- 323 or Protege, I dont care about 4 doors or any of that. I'm looking into MX-3s only really.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Yea sure man post some pics up of it when it's all done! I am always up for looking at an FD! Were getting a big MX-3 meet up here if ure interested!

All I know is the BPT's that are up here for around $1100 comes with AWD tranny.... There in most engine places here.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

colinsmx3 wrote:Yea sure man post some pics up of it when it's all done! I am always up for looking at an FD! Were getting a big MX-3 meet up here if ure interested!

All I know is the BPT's that are up here for around $1100 comes with AWD tranny.... There in most engine places here.
You talking about the Mississauga(sp?) meet? I know last year it didnt go down unfortunately, or you talking about something else you guys are planning? Also May 2-3 in Newburgh NY at Orange County Choppers they're having an annual all-Mazda meet. Its gonna be really tough and its only about 5-6 hours or so from you guys. MX-3s would be a good look to go with all the Mazda 3s, 6s, RX8s, Proteges, etc etc.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

They're having a Mazda Meet at OCC?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:They're having a Mazda Meet at OCC?
Yeah man, every year they do it, its a 2 day thing though. You dont gotta go both days but theres a hotel right next door.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=820910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”