Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
colinsmx3

Re: Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

Post by colinsmx3 »

Daninski wrote:
colinsmx3 wrote:Did you actually think you were going to get 15 ppl to stay on board?? Come on.... And no there not legal for road use.... They have no DOT markings on them... They should also be posting that info! :mrgreen:
Bit of a funny comment to make since a lot of the mods that are done are not legal. Lowering you car, not legal. Modified exhaust, not legal, etc etc etc. However I will say it's a nice mute point.
Yea remember I have the police edition of modifications book in my glove box... so nice point but there not true.
Yes they can ticket you for whatever they wan't but if you know your rights they can't do sh#t!

Lowering of the vehicle is legal unless it comes in tontact with the frame.

Exhaust totally legal as long as it stands in the same emissions code. Although it states "hollywood mufflers" are NOT legal (fart cans) Which I do not have!

Trust me everything on my car is totaly legal.. step dad works for the Law society of Canada so I keep things on the legal side. Until the headlights came along.

And that book keeps me Innocent....
Thanx though!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

OK question. Your vehicle has posted tire sizes on the door frame. If you use anything other than those sizes your not legal. true or false?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Daninski wrote:OK question. Your vehicle has posted tire sizes on the door frame. If you use anything other than those sizes your not legal. true or false?
False.
THOUGH you can NOT go SMALLER then the size posted on the door! (lowriders break this law everytime they ride their daytons)
You can go as big as you like until it comes in contact with the body.
Any more?? I got the book right here! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Of the 2 that have paid, have they received the lights yet?

I want a set for myself but I know first hand how GB can go sour very quickly...
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

he won't ship till he gets payment for 15 of them.

I am waiting to have the extra funds, since money is tight at the moment... But I will be buying my set soon, from Ray.

Also colins, I like you and all, but by golly do you need to learn the secret art of "Keeping words to yourself" from time to time.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

I like you too! But someone asked about them being legal and I answered the question stating that they are not legal... Though I have a set. :shrug:

See my signature.. it speaks the truth! ahah
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If you pay with a credit card through PayPal, you should be pretty well protected. I feel like Ray showed his trustworthiness by doing everything the right way, and starting a real group buy, instead of just having everyone go to his Ebay.. Of course, you can take my opinion as possibly biased :shrug:
Looking at it through his eyes, he already lost 1 set to spidy53red, and took a chance with me, and in order to make a GB worth his effort, he wants to be sure we're going to pay him. It makes sense that this [GB] is in the standard format. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone in the area willing to physically go check out his venue.

Colin "Doesn't care what people [here] think about him", and prides himself in being outspoken, even if it shows his obvious angle (trying to feel like he made a better choice about the headlights, etc..), and is willing to put a damper on others' enthusiasm, or even ruin someone's sale. It takes all kinds on a forum like this, and even when coming from a less than constructive place, people can offer good info.
As long as people regulate that kind of behaviour, and don't let things like that outweigh what positive info comes of it, we can keep it all constructive.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Well I am just helping people out since this question did not pop up in any other thread... I was shocked I even forgot about this legal fact that was not addressed! I picked ebay since they had the lights that better suited ME and my car rather then the ones Rays site was selling.
But yes I am very proud of my outspokeness... (is that even a word?) :lol:

Then again I help out ALOT of ppl also on this forum when there are the odd questions that people can not answer! :love2:
ImageImageImage
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

I dunno. Like most people here (probably) I've just given up on trying to "stay legal."

We live in a society of litigation and regulation. The lawyers have replaced the priest as the main obstacle to progress.

It's illegal for me to improve the safety of my vehicle, by improving the lighting system?

Welp.

That's life. If the regulations are irrational, I'm not following them. I'm prepared to pay the consequences. :(

If it saves the life of a pedestrian / cyclist wearing dark clothes at night, it's worth it. The stock lights on this car are awful.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

so the lights are illegal? In canada and the states? or just canada cause bmw's and other cars have them
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

The entire lighting system are for "off road use" They do not have the DOT/SAE stamp on the light or have been tested.
ImageImageImage
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

Since they do not have "DOT" on them they are illegal BUT since they look like every new light out there and they do the job and they wont blind anyone unless you put some sort of illegal light in there and you dont put an obviously illegal color then we should be just fine.

worried about the halo? just make the halo come on with a toggle switch and dont drive with the halos, use it with the alarm or set up as a parking light or with turbo timer or some other cool purpose that is not on while driving

my lights are on the way. I get them Monday, Hopefully I can install them then too and have pics up Monday night
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
SCHIMMLE

Post by SCHIMMLE »

Less talking more buying. I said I would and I did. Now all you guys out there who were SO excited for these things to come out and said you would buy...lets get on this.
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

I'll get mines when I get my tax return back. Was thinking Chrome with 8K HIDs. How would that look on a green MX-3?
s1zzl3

Post by s1zzl3 »

the headlights are approx. US$200 + US$30.00 for shipping + US$7.00 for donation thats approx. US$237.00
the dollar is at 1.25:1.00 so thats 25% more for canadians
damn.. canadians r paying almost $300 for jus the headlights
and with hid itll be closer to $400
ahhh
the exchange rate is brutal!!

jus pointing that out
ill prob still be getting them anyways :p
s1zzl3 & s1 Designs 2009
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312320

Return to “Appearance”