Spyder/ carpart4u Headlights/ OEM comparison *NOW with HID!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Spyder/ carpart4u Headlights/ OEM comparison *NOW with HID!

Post by fowljesse »

I thought it was the lights reflecting on the housing, which is kind of long underneath, which is necessary with the aerodynamic design of our lights. I like how it lights up the freeway signs. I've only been flashed once, and it was on a road where I was cresting a hill, and the oncoming car was inevitably above the cut-off. I've had hundreds of cars coming at me in the oncoming lanes, and that was the only one that flashed. Also, I got out, and bent down to driver's height, as my girlfriend drove by, to make sure they didn't blind anyone. They were fine. I still haven't adjusted them, but they cut off below the rearview side mirrors of the cars in front of me, and seem top be low enough for oncoming traffic. :shrug:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I don't know about you guys but where I live no one aims their headlights so 85% of the cars that pass me, or are behind me are blinding me when I drive the MX3, then when I am driving the Truck it is maybe only 40% of the cars, but it is still flipping ridicules...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Same here. I'm on the look-out for a LASER to flash them with.
Seriously.
Especially the trucks.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Just get the 5000000 candlelight flashlights they sell that you can plug into your cig. lighter to charge, then just pick it up and BAM INSTANT BLINDNESS! LOL. Those things put out some serious light and heat output, we called the one at camp the "Sun".
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

fowljesse wrote:Same here. I'm on the look-out for a LASER to flash them with.
Seriously.
Especially the trucks.
Not their fault your eye level is at their lights...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

You're right.
There should be a law that has all headlights no more than a certain height above the ground.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

fowljesse wrote:You're right.
There should be a law that has all headlights no more than a certain height above the ground.

looks good to me, let's all make a partition and get this law passed =P
smoke187

Post by smoke187 »

to bad you didn't take pic of how the hid bulbs fit was there any problems
http://www.cardomain.com/id/smoke187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 mx3 bp-t
93 protege lx
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I didn't take any pics because they fit exactly the same as the others. I can take pictures if you get them, and get stuck, but I highly doubt that would happen.
smoke187

Post by smoke187 »

this is the problem i am looking at with the hid bulb fitting that little lip from the projector blocking the bulb from sitting all the way in, did you also have this problem

The hid bulb hits this i am going to have to remove it or cut a slit in the bulb base so it slides past it

took some high quality shots of mine to add

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd27 ... MG0159.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd27 ... MG0157.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cardomain.com/id/smoke187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 mx3 bp-t
93 protege lx
smoke187

Post by smoke187 »

i got mine off ebay
93 mx3 bp-t
93 protege lx
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I just turned mine so the flat part of the base was near that little lip. If you can't do that, I guess you'll have to do what you mentioned.
You must have not gotten the Spyder/ Option Racing HID kit.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

now that i look at it closer, it looks like their keyed for driver and passenger side, you just have them in reverse, try fitting the one your using for the driver in the passenger side and vice versa

yeah, i'm almost positive that's what your problem is, i don't have one, but it looks like the perfect fit if this is the case
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

group buy is up guys. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=68675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Ray
smoke187

Post by smoke187 »

i fixed the problem i used a dremel tool to sand down some of the plastic on the base of the bulb and it fit perfect hope this can help someone if they end up with this problem

both h1 bulbs i have are the exact same so i have to modify both maybe there it 2 types of h1 bulbs

93 mx3 bp-t
93 protege lx

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”