[GI] Poly bushings: Making a Comeback in Feb 09'!!!

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.

Are you interested in purchasing Polyurethane Bushings for your MX-3?

Hell Ya!!! Can't wait!!!
41%
Yes, but times are tight and I need wait a while longer.
18%
Yes, but I may not want a complete set.
9%
Yes, I would prefer the kit without sway bar bush's for $50 off.
18%
Yes, but I want poly sway bar bush's too.
5%
No, the price is too high IMHO.
No votes
No, I just don't have the cash.
5%
No, you're an opinionated loser and I won't buy from you.
5%

Total votes: 22

wytbishop

Re: [GI] Poly bushings: Making a Comeback in Feb 09'!!!

Post by wytbishop »

I have never been able to get a definitive number on the stiffness of the stock bushings but I estimate it to be around 65A. 70A will not be noticeably stiffer unless your stock bushings are badly worn...which most are I would guess. So 70A will feel like brand new stock to most people. 80A should be noticeably firmer, but still usable on the street. 90A is hard and most people would be uncomfortable using them on a daily driver. For reference...60A is a summer tire tread, 100A is a bowling ball.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I think I read on a protege or 323 forum that the TTL bushings would be better in a harder durometer compared to some of the other ones. Im still doing research...is it possible to mix and match durometers if I am still planning on getting a complete kit?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

onlytrueromeo wrote:is it possible to mix and match durometers if I am still planning on getting a complete kit?
Yep...that's fine.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Sent word to my suppliers today that we would be going forward in February. They are both ready to go. I also found a local supplier of silicone lube at a good price...woot!

I also found out that I have a friend with a combination lathe/mill in his garage. I had no idea! He's a chiropractor and bought it for fun but doesn't really know how to use it so I'm going to go over and show him how his mill works. My only concern is cutting stainless steel sleeves without coolant as he says he hasn't hooked it up yet. At any rate everything's coming together real nice like.

I will be ready to take deposits and orders in a couple of weeks. i'm going to spend some time rechecking all the dimensional information and making sure that the whole thing is air tight.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Any idea on what were lookin at for a bare bones kit cost, is it an option that way?
I'm talking no sway bar bushings and mild steel sleeves.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

A complete kit without sway bar bushings, and with plain steel sleeves will be $370CDN if only 10 - 14 sets are sold. It will reduce to $320CDN if 15 or more sets are sold. If enough people want them, SS sleeves will be available at an additional cost. Even if you turned out to be the only person who wanted plain carbon steel I would make them for you. carbon steel is cheap and there is no minimum order.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Wow I don't know how I dodn't see this till today but count me in for a set with SS sleeves. SS is much better than regular steel for cars that have wet climates.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Prepare yourself for the likelihood that SS will not be available. I'm having trouble making that happen. The lathe I have access to does not have a coolant system and without coolant it would cost be way too much for carbides. Cost would go through the roof. Add the fact that there is a minimum order for SS meaning a lot of you would have to request it and it doesn't seem likely.

Everything else is well on track though. I will be ready to start taking orders next week.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I guess if I can't have then I can't have it. I guess when I get the regular steel ones I can put them into my autocad program and send it off to my brother and have him cut me some with his laser. So keep me counted in.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yeah I got a quote for the sleeves in stainless and a full set would cost quite a bit more to have machined than all of the bushings. If I could cut them myself it would only cost about $50 for a set, but I don't have access to a machine which can do it easily. I may still be able to do it...I'm trying.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

so its the 7th today, had anyone payed their deposits yet? when we order the kit aprox how long does it take to deliver?
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Give me a heads up when you start taking payments. Credit cards ftw... :s
Cody
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I am almost ready. I have only one remaining quandary. There are 2 different part numbers for the front LCA, Rear bushing. The one in the metal shell that bolts to the frame. There is one part number up to 06/94 and another number after 06/94 and I don't know what the difference is. In all my research I have never been able to find a 92-93 bushing that was of a different size. I have a 93' and the part I am using for fitment is off a 94' and they appear to be the same. The part number for the control arm is the same for all years and models so I assume that the different bushings would both fit the control arm. It could be that the shell is different. I just don't want to go into production and find that the bushings don't fit for all the owners of older cars. I wanted to get to the Pick n Pull this weekend to see if I could find an example but the weather here is not cooperating. It's +4ºC and it's a total mud bog in the parts yard.

I'm going to have an in depth conversation with my parts guy tomorrow and see if I can straighten it out once and for all. Once this is sorted, I will post a new thread with ordering information and how and were to send deposits.

Thanks for being patient.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

What woul the price be if I wanted everything but the front control arm bushings because i have SRD and i am happy with them. And how much of a deposit is required.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Trailing Arms will be $90, Lateral Links will be $135. Lubricant will be nominal.

50% deposit will be required for those not purchasing full kits. I will post a new thread summarizing all of the pricing and ordering requirement on Monday.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”