Backup / Reverse lights always on

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
reegler

Backup / Reverse lights always on

Post by reegler »

Hey Guys,

Did a quick search and didn't find anything with my keywords. Haven't posted in a while but i cam across something weird. I recently (5 weeks ago) replaced the reverse switch that attaches to the tranny because the wires got snapped off. Just yesterday my fiance was driving behind me and noticed that my reverse lights were on when I was driving normally. Parked the car in the garage and disconnected the harness and when I put my keys in and put it in the ignition position, the backup lights come on. Even with my lights off they are always on. Plugging and unplugging does not affect the lights. Any ideas?

I have a 93 1.6L 4 cylinder MX3...

- Tim
solo_ryder

Re: Backup / Reverse lights always on

Post by solo_ryder »

The only thing I can think of is that you have a corroded wire or a bad connection. Go over the wires again from the harness to the tranny
reegler

Re: Backup / Reverse lights always on

Post by reegler »

Turned out to be a confusion on my part between the neutral switch and the reverse switch. It ended up being the reverse switch, replaced it and it works great now. Thanks.

- Tim

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”