GTR VS. KLZE TURBO

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
trbohatch

Re: GTR VS. KLZE TURBO

Post by trbohatch »

how do you tell the difference between the gtx and the gtr. so when i get my gtr i can make sure that it is the right motor. let me know thanks
Mr.mx-3

Re: GTR VS. KLZE TURBO

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

wytbishop wrote:Guys have made big power with both. The KL might weight 50 - 100lbs more, but once you get up over 250hp a hundred pounds isn't a huge concern.

Of more concern to you is the money. It's expensive to make a lot of power. It's really expensive to swap from I4 to V6 and add turbo. You're talking about a very expensive proposition to do well. Getting a ZE and making it ready for turbo is a couple grand minimum. To put it in your RS you need a GS donor, theres another grand prolly. To turbo it and make it work well is $3K more.

On the other hand, finding a GTR or GTX compete is not easy and if you do it's a $2500 engine. To get it to make big power you'll need to spend a few grand. The swap is not quite as easy as a ZE in a GS, but certainly easier than putting a ZE in a RS.

Either way if you want 250ish hp, it's going to cost int he neighborhood of $5000, conservatively. But a BP-T is way less work for you.
Yea I agree with you 100% on that one I haven't even got my ZE N/A installed in my GS yet and already have well over $4000 invested in it not includeing the cost of the install (BIG POWER COSTS BIG MONEY) You couldn't have stated that one any better..

If you don't have any plans on dumping at least $6000 in the motor and trans alone in just doing a ZE swap in a gs or plan on spending alot of money in this just do yourself a favor and buy you a gs model with low miles in good shape and do a few minor upgrades and you'll be well over what the stock I4 of the rs or base model is and not to mention as stated in this post the better upgrades and features you'll have with the GS and save yourself alot of time, money, and headaches...
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.

Return to “Forced Induction”