Marco's '95GS - Budget restoration, then LPG conversion?

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
marcdh

Re: Marco's '95 GS KLZE - Black Beast

Post by marcdh »

johnmx3ze wrote:very nice ride man... does it really help with the filled mounts?
Thank you :D Yep, as Jesse said, it sure does help keep the ZE under control, it's a cheap and easy DIY mod that really works! I still get wheel hop but that's my shocks and springs letting me down :(
OutlaW wrote:nice charriot , kind sir
Thank you good sir! Perhaps one day I'll take an epic road trip to portugal ;)
projectzemx3 wrote:looks awesome man, i love it.
Thank you :) I'm very jealous of your big garage and sideskirts! Nifty work with the mx6 booster too :idea: My straight neck intake shall be going on soon!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

fowljesse wrote:I want to make that picture into an inspirational poster.
Something like

• AMBITION
    You don't HAVE to drive a Honda.
    With some creativity, and work, you could drive a car like this.
Just for you :P
Last edited by Flyer on July 14th, 2009, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That's EXACTLY what I had in mind! Nice.
Marco, what springs/ struts do you have? I thought you had K-sport..
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Nice one Flyer :)

Nope I wish I did, I have an unknown setup, came with the black car. Springs are red (about -45mm), struts look oem replacement. It's very bouncy, so I guess my shocks are effectively redundant :( I really want coilovers, just can't settle on which ones, plus I'm in too many pending GBs at the minute to buy them - especially as I may have to front a fair bit of cash for the adjustable cam pulleys GB.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
View Worklog
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

do you have a problem with heat because of your headers not being wrapped?
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

nice black beast !!! i love this mx ! congrats !
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

projectzemx3 wrote:do you have a problem with heat because of your headers not being wrapped?
Nope not really. Gets a bit hot I guess, but so did my stock k8. My temps usually a little under halfway, I think the vented hood helps a bit :)
JM1EC-V6 wrote:nice black beast !!! i love this mx ! congrats !

This weekend I decided to be straight...necked.

Hourglassed KL31 TB. Not OTT but a fair whack off, every little helps eh?

Despite having both of these I never really noticed how the plenum and mouths were so different!

Here it is installed. I had to remove the OEM battery tie down and replaced with a sleeker ratchet strap as the bolts were pushing into the 90deg elbow. I think I might move the battery to the boot at some stage. Bit crowded up there.

I went out for a quick blast. Was too wet to get decent traction though. My VRIS wasn't working at first, I had the check valve backwards ! :oops: I expect I'll lose a bit of power really due to my probinator VRIS being set for curved neck... But megasquirt can take care of that before too long :)
View Worklog
jamesmx3

Post by jamesmx3 »

love the purple rocker cover, i read through your other worklog on the 'other site' wondering when you painted the red one, haha.

Looks stunning!
1997 1.6 16v DOHC uk spec gs, 17" wolfrace triad, 2.0l probe s/s header magnaflow high flow cat, powerflow custom catback, CAI, zx2 struts w/ -40mm lesjofors springs

http://www.uk-mx3.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Looks AWESOME Marco. You polish your own manifolds? I love the look of the straightneck

Keep up the good work, any pics of the interior of the car?
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

defiantly straight neck looks so bad a--. easy with RHD tho, check out my worklog, i had to fit a mx3 master to a slim mx6 booster and im STILL not sure it will be able to fit the straight neck. in which case ill buy a curved one. are you going to sell yours?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

More very nice work! Your engine looks so nice :love:
I had my intake exactly the same way before moving the battery. You can just cut your 90° elbow to 45°.
I'm going to do the hourglass thing, too, but will also shave the other sides of the bolts.

For anyone with LHD wanting a high flow manifold; the KLG4 from '96 626s, and later, flows almost as well as the ZE, and fits.
I don't know if you know, but you can bypass the AIC with MS, and the idle won't surge.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

fowljesse wrote:More very nice work! Your engine looks so nice :love:
I had my intake exactly the same way before moving the battery. You can just cut your 90° elbow to 45°.
I'm going to do the hourglass thing, too, but will also shave the other sides of the bolts.

For anyone with LHD wanting a high flow manifold; the KLG4 from '96 626s, and later, flows almost as well as the ZE, and fits.
I don't know if you know, but you can bypass the AIC with MS, and the idle won't surge.

the ports are square too? i thought those were just de's with round ports.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

KLG4 IM's have square ports, the heads are oval port.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

jamesmx3 wrote:i read through your other worklog on the 'other site' wondering when you painted the red one, haha.
Thanks James :lol: I bought that black car October 07
solo_ryder wrote:You polish your own manifolds?
Keep up the good work, any pics of the interior of the car?
Thanks Jordan, yea I do, dear god, the effort is a bit ridiculous. Got a few drill attachments that helps speed it up, and a triangular detail sander, and of course the trusty dremel sanding wheel to remove the cast lines. I polished the millenia, so I couldn't downgrade in style by installing a rough straightneck! I'll get some interior pics soon. Not much to shout about, though a few nice features in the works. Non bucket cloth seats though :(
projectzemx3 wrote:i had to fit a mx3 master to a slim mx6 booster and im STILL not sure it will be able to fit the straight neck. in which case ill buy a curved one. are you going to sell yours?
Yea I saw your determined effort, good job! Don't think I'll sell mine, I'm still evaluating which I prefer, and like having both (greedy).
fowljesse wrote:More very nice work! Your engine looks so nice :love:
Thanks Jesse :) Yea I thought about the sides but my dremel was a bit too fat to do a good job, I'd need an extension thing for it. Bypassing IAC would be great, that thing is always flipping me off! It's something I've read can be done, but haven't researched it at all. How's progress with your MS?
View Worklog
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Well some of you may be sad to see my Straight neck has been replaced again with the curved neck. My 0-60s were worse by .5 of a second, and that annoyed me! Not sure if VRIS being wrong made all that difference? It may come back though when megasquirt is done.

In other news I got a Mazdaspeed strut brace :D It so far is clearing the millenia IM with some spacers washers on the shock bolts. It would be fine if I didn't have thermoblok spacers, but I do, and I like them too much to remove them.

Here's also a pic of my interior's current state. A few work in progresses going on. You can see the stainless "mx-3" door sills, the brushed alu dial circle, the fiberglassed speaker volcanoes, dubious alpine DVD player replica, guage pods fiberglassed into original trim with a lonely AEM wideband... and an ECU awaiting new megasquirt :)

View Worklog

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”