P/S Tensioner bracket

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdags94

P/S Tensioner bracket

Post by mazdags94 »

Quick question here:

When removing the P/S & Water Pump accessory belt tensioner, do I have to remove the P/S pump first in order to do it? Anyone have to replace their tensioner and could offer advice on doing so?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Brian
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
mazdamx3freak

Re: P/S Tensioner bracket

Post by mazdamx3freak »

did u even try to remove it? look in the online manuals it you need more help.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

No I havent tried to remove it yet... thats why I asked. Didn't have the time to search the pages of the manual on it bc of work, but my question dealt with the process outside of the manual. I followed the manual to do many things but there are certain things that can be done in a much more efficient manner a different way other than through the manual. For example, water pump removal. Manual says to remove the timing belt but people, including myself, were able to do it without removing the timing belt.

Just curious as to if there were any second opinions other than what the manual has to offer. You don't see too many blank questions from me only because I always research to find obvious answers (and ensure I'm not double posting) before I post what I believe to be a new question.

Thanks anyways I guess. :P

Did you receive my payment for that bracket?
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

yes I got it and ill send it out soon.

No you do not have to remove the PS pump, the pump is accualy attached to the tensioner so it all comes off together. Just so you know when you take it off there will be a lil bracket on the pump that attaches to the block, you dont need it throw it away. It only makes it harder to get it on/off and also doesnt effect the support of the pump. :shrug:
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Awesome, thats exactly what I needed to know. Thanks.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”