b6de rering

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
4gotn

b6de rering

Post by 4gotn »

i need to rering my dohc but im having trouble finding the equipment i need
i need to find some rings that are chrome molly
ive checked flyinmiata and they have a general rebuild kit but im planning on boosting so i dont want to stick factory rings in there in case i go with a higher boost
i also need a higher volume oil pump...any ideas?
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

4gotn

Re: b6de rering

Post by 4gotn »

ok so we can talk about spark plug issues but no one can tell me where to get some good rings....i know there are several people on this site who have boosted engines...a little help would be nice
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny

nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Check melling to see if they make a high volume oil pump, if not you can shim yours.

As for a turbo app ring, see what you can find off of the miata sites. maybe even go with the b6t rings?
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

the corp i work for sells melling oil pumps and ive yet to find any high volume oil pump from them
as far as the rings go the b6t and the b6de share the same rings the only difference between the two is that the de does not have the turbo and has a vics system on it so using the b6t rings would put me back to stock... i only want to rering once

aufgehdraht

Post by aufgehdraht »

grab a micrometer or ruler and take some measurements down to a speed shop would be my guess if you can't find a site that has them all ready or check out ford sites they both use the same engine.
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

1 no local speed shops...well all they sell is rice crap
2 i was hoping for some specifics...i can get some wiseco pistons but no one sells rings so far

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”