Headers

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Re: Headers

Post by hgallegos915 »

for headers, ebay ssautochrome pipes will suit fine,

4 years and counting on mine, and they bolt up to the turbo down pipes.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

hgallegos915 wrote:for headers, ebay ssautochrome pipes will suit fine,

4 years and counting on mine, and they bolt up to the turbo down pipes.
Cool thanks just to jump a lil off topic how much of a pain was it to add the turbo?? Had to be banging your head against the wall a few times due to the limited amount of space under the hood of the car..

Thanks for the help to all of you it's helped alot in knowing what I needed to get before I got started it's nothing worse than starting a job and then getting to a point you need something and don't know what it is not to mention the nearest city to me is 42miles away after I get all the parts and get started on this project I'm pretty sure I'll be back in need of more help and not to mention posting updates on the project..
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

run on sentences........ :P
................ <----- look at these little guys :) :lol:
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Your new engine will run with the stock MX-3 exhaust on it well enough to get it to a shop. There is no such thing as a direct bolt up header and exhuast system in 2.25" or 2.5". Any aftermarket header type system will require some custom work.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

wytbishop wrote:Your new engine will run with the stock MX-3 exhaust on it well enough to get it to a shop. There is no such thing as a direct bolt up header and exhuast system in 2.25" or 2.5". Any aftermarket header type system will require some custom work.
As much as I would like to think so I kinda figured it would be some mods. I would have to do not too big of a deal I'll see how it turns out and go from there.Yea had a dude I used to work with that had a friend that did the swap in his he told me he never put headers on his just the mx3's factory manifolds and it still ran it's a-- off.. But I want to go a few steps farther than just a swap..
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The problem is that all of the tubular header options are made for the DE not the K8. They will bolt up to the engine, but they were not made for our chassis. Our CAT is in a different location and hangers are different...etc. The mods to get the headers to fit are pretty simple from what I've read, but really you'll have to either fab the rest of the exhaust or have it fabbed for you from scratch or cut up other aftermarket systems and make them fit. Either way it's going to be custom.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

My hangers fitted as they were, did I actually get lucky for a change?! Granted there's only about 1" excess hanger holding it up, but no bother yet :) Headers are almost a must in my eyes! They're SO cheap there's just no excuse, I had to pay practically their value in shipping and it was still a bargain IMO :) Much easier to do whilst the engine is out too, especially if studs start breaking!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

marcdh wrote:My hangers fitted as they were, did I actually get lucky for a change?! Granted there's only about 1" excess hanger holding it up, but no bother yet :) Headers are almost a must in my eyes! They're SO cheap there's just no excuse, I had to pay practically their value in shipping and it was still a bargain IMO :) Much easier to do whilst the engine is out too, especially if studs start breaking!
Yea that was my thoughts insted of waiting untill later after the motor was in I can put it all together while it's out and won't have to work in the confined space in the motor bay tring to get headers on and HOPEFULLY I won't have a prob. with any bolts breaking. If it's just hangers that need to be relocated that's not a problem at all I've got a wire welder just need to cut the weld at the hanger and reweld it..I'm thinking I'll just see if I can get it to bolt up to the factory exhaust like somebody suggested and take it to a shop and get a custom job done or atleast get an estimate if it's less to have them do it I'll let them take care of it if not I'm gonna order the aftermarket one and take care of it myself..I went ahead and got the pacesetter headers were only $159.00 shipped from http://www.autopartswharehouse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they've got a sale going on of 70% off pacesetter products the headers were cheap but the catback was like $100 higher than import performance parts was.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”