Hello from Tucson, Arizona!

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
vansolrick

Hello from Tucson, Arizona!

Post by vansolrick »

Hello everyone. I recently traded a 97 Honda Accord EX 4dr for a 93 Mazda MX-3 GS 93 from a local repo dealer. The car itself is in fair condition; it has minor rust spots on the doors and a bunch of missing paint on the hood as well as small spots on the body but no biggie. Interior is shot to hell; the dash is cracked and falling apart and the upholstry is, simply put, going to be a project :D As well as the rest of the car the stock K8 has a blown head gasket (I think. I can smell fuel on the dipstick) :crying: but my buddy has a KL ready for me to start working on to get a swap going once I get everything else I need. I'll probably need some help doing it :) I already looked through many threads and howtos.

I also just paid a load of fines to get my license back (recently suspended for failing to pay a traffic ticket for red light violation by a camera), so I'm pretty anxious to finally get started and get things done right.

Thanks
pumpkin king

Re: Hello from Tucson, Arizona!

Post by pumpkin king »

sweet I wanted to find a gs but had to settle for a rs. You will love that kl motor, I run a ze/de hybrid in my Probe GT and I love those motors. Good luck with the swap.
My Metallic Mistress
95 mx3 4 to 6 swap progress is very,very slow. Its really just sitting there!!
95 Probe GT,Gumetal,Shaved and rebuilt ZE heads,intake p and p,UR UDP, MX-3 Flywheel,Razor hood,Quad Sleepy Eyes,BSA wheels,Sparco seats,STS,CM stage 3, CAI, DUEL CD, 96 Black tails,StreetGlow inside and out, 5% tint. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome. I'm from Phoenix originally. I HATE those cameras. When they were testing them, before installing them around the country, the very 1st ever red light camera was at an intersection I went through every day. I had gone through it at least 1000 times over the years, and knew EXACTLY how long the yellow light lasted. When they put in the camera, they SHORTENED that yellow light time! I got nabbed and fought it in court, but ADOT would not release the info about changing the light time.

I hope your Honda was in bad shape, too :wink:
You'll love the KL in there. I recommmend you get a KLG4 intake manifold, and DEFINITELY get Phenolic spacers! You'll see a huge difference in AZ.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

It may need some work but any Mx-3 is better than that Accord, :wink: Welcome to the madness
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???

Return to “Introduction Forum”