KLZE parts

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ramsen25

KLZE parts

Post by ramsen25 »

im about to place the order for parts just wanted to know if im gettin right ones

MX6 2.5L
timining belt
tensioner
water pump
valve cover gasket
intake gasket
cam seals
crank seals

MX3
Axles both sides
pre bent fuel lines and brake lines

just want to make sure im ordering the right parts
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: KLZE parts

Post by Daninski »

You need to order the millenia intake gasket to accomadate the square ZE intake runners. I just reused the ZE ones and torqued it to maximum. Follow the torques values and patterns and you'll have no problems.

EDIT The half shaft bearing bolts have a habit of corroding. If you undo the half shaft bearing support and find a lot of material on the bolt threads don't sweat it. Just tap the holes out to 7/16 fine thread and install like sized bolts. Also there can be problems removing the shifter linkage bolts. I used penatrant the day before and then a pnuematic chizel to drive the bolts out. Order new bolts for the shift and guide bar linkage, also the plastic bushings for the linkage will tighten up your shifter so get those too from the dealer.

EDIT EDIT. I read this untill I had it memorized. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... ns#p219169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Instead of intake gaskets, I recommend Phenolic spacers. They will keep your IM ALOT cooler, so you don't lose power when at normal operating temperature.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

fowljesse wrote:Instead of intake gaskets, I recommend Phenolic spacers.
NO, you recomend ... OUTLAW phenolic spacers ... remember the OutlaW part :)
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

where can i get those from and r the rest of the parts ok that im gonna get
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Clean and fill your engine mounts. They're not engineered to handle the additional torque from the ZE engine. I used Durathane 94, it's a two part system. Others have used cheaper products but I'm not sure how long it'll last.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

ramsen25 wrote:where can i get those from and r the rest of the parts ok that im gonna get
I have an extra set of Pheno spacers that you can have for $40. They are just the IM spacers, and no hardware. You will need longer bolts.
Your parts list looks good to me, but be prepared to repalce random things along the way :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Fuel pump too if you want

You can also get the timing belt kit with new pulleys
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Daninski wrote:Clean and fill your engine mounts. They're not engineered to handle the additional torque from the ZE engine. I used Durathane 94, it's a two part system. Others have used cheaper products but I'm not sure how long it'll last.

I did my mounts 3 years ago with the 80A from McGard. Still holding up fine. I found the write up on here somehwere
http://www.atlantamx3.com/mocaforum/vie ... php?t=1380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

that one site probeaddiction.com u think there gaskets and timing kit and water pump r ne good cuz there prices r alot better then the dealer lol
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

ill grab those spacers off u r they new
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

can u show me a pic of wut the spacers look like cuz ive never heard of them and cant find pics of them
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

they're like really thick gaskets that don't transfer heat. Seal well at both sides, and you need longer bolts, obviously.... Its a good upgrade.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

what kind of benefit specs would you get with those spacers? A lot of good heat dissipation I would imagine, cooler air coming in, a little better fuel efficiency, and.... anything else?

just curious :shrug:
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I got mine when I would commute across the desert in Texas. My intake manifold would get so hot that I thought I'd blown a gasket, or something, by the way the car would chug. I had to rev high in lower rpms to keep it from lurching. If I tried to touch the IM after a trip, it would burn my hand. After I got the spacers, it didn't happen at all, and I could touch the manifold for a few seconds, before it got uncomfortable, even after a 3 hour drive in 100 degree weather. If I had to touch it longer (working on it, etc...) I could without being burned. They don't give you power, per se, but let you keep power that goes away when the car reaches normal operating temperature, and gets worse as the car gets hotter.

I am out of towm until Christmas eve. I'll put up pics then. They are used, but that doesn't change them in any way. They have been match ported for my DE, which has slightly ssmaller runners, so if you match them to your ZE ports, they will fit perfectly.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”