readily available supercharger kits for klze

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: readily available supercharger kits for klze

Post by mitmaks »

it would help if you have machinist/engineering degree. Hood scoop is always possible, look at early eclipses, they had non-functional hood scoop from the factory, WRX have them, etc.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

melb30x wrote:i see...hence the more practical turbo option..i hate turbos with their lag..
I am a big fan of supercharging myself, however Turbo lag is so 1982! If you choose the proper Turbo there will be no lag. You could have a Turbo that would spool at idle. The only problem is a quick spooling turbo could cause flow issues at higher RPMs. If the turbo is sized right you could get a very good compromise of low end grunt and high RPM horsepower. I want one of these!! (STS remote mount turbo set-up).

http://www.ststurbo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

what does the mounting flange on the Millenia S IM look like?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

IMACHU2 wrote: I want one of these!! (STS remote mount turbo set-up).

http://www.ststurbo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I saw a 07' Vette with 2 of these. 850hp ish. I thought about how to do this on a MX-3. I think you'd have to reshape the floor at the back but for sure it could be done.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

K, now do you NOT have lag when the turbo is mounted a dozen feet away from the motor? Personally, I think that idea is stupid, second only to the electric turbo's
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

No lag with that set-up. Properly sized turbos!

Quote from STS:
With the turbo located in the rear of the vehicle, is there turbo lag?
No, due to extensive engineering and proper sizing of the turbos and piping, the turbochargers operate very well at this remote location. All of our systems will produce full boost below 3000 rpm. If you were to take a front-mount turbo system and place it at the rear, you would have lag issues, and similarly, our turbo system wouldn't work properly if front-mounted. Also, our intake tubing volume is about the same as most conventional turbo setups that are running a front-mounted intercooler, and is less than many of them that run large intercoolers. Our system is not like a small compressor filling up a large air tank, it is like a huge compressor filling up a very small volume. Our systems compress the intake tubing in about .05 seconds. If our patented and innovative rear-mounted technolgy had problems with turbo lag, we would not have the large number of happy customers that we have today. Please visit our Testimonials page for more insight.

I don't sell them (by the way)......I should though LOL :lol:

http://www.ststurbo.com/f_a_q_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

"I think you'd have to reshape the floor at the back but for sure it could be done".

Step one: Sawsall the spare tire well out.

Step two: Weld flat sheet metal in place of spare tire well.

Step three: Add turbo. :lol:

I told myself no boost, or nitrous for this project. I never listen to myself though.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Not stupid at all. This is proven technology. It won't have the kind of efficiency as a conventional turbo, but they work very well and are much easier to mount in most applications.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

IMACHU2 wrote:"I think you'd have to reshape the floor at the back but for sure it could be done".

Step one: Sawsall the spare tire well out.

Step two: Weld flat sheet metal in place of spare tire well.

Step three: Add turbo. :lol:

I told myself no boost, or nitrous for this project. I never listen to myself though.
Yeah...I still don't think I would mount a turbo by the wheels in the climate I live in. I am really warming up to the cetrifugal SC idea though.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I had thought about doing something like that for this reasone: You could put an airbag in line that could pressurize instead of blowing off, and hold that pressure until you need it again. You'd need a rising rate pressure regulator, but imagine having boost with no lag whatsoever. Imagine it like this; You rev and let off, and that compresses the air so that as soon as you open the throttle, you have boost.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

That's just crazy talk.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

What turbo lag?

All you need is the right turbo size..

its easier that supercharged.

In the probe yes it easier to supercharge because the engine bay, theres room. With us.. I dunno.. someone should try it and let us know.. it would be sweet if we could fit a clutched supercharger.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
melb30x

Post by melb30x »

dont know if you guys searched youtube...but there are supercharged mx-3's out there.
here's a clip of one set up:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=BO-At2q88Mc&NR=1
so it just seems like we need to make a custom bracket for the supercharger .. installation shouldn't be hard..
cai piping would have to be moved which is easy..i dont know about the intercooler....maybe just throw it in the passengers sit?? who needs pasengers?? less weight the better!! :lol:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

This thread is kinda lame. Its been discussed enough times, look on probetalk if you want more information.

Yea there are a few supercharged mx3's. That one in the video is using aldorins kit (from PT) with a shafted pulley across the front bank. This is the whole issue with the supercharger setup as you cannot make a cheap, or expensive reliable version of this. The bearings commonly blow and the belt constantly slips.

There is a AC mounted setup (custom) as well that you can create and that I was going to do on my last car. It is completely possible, but in the end if you want power go turbo, you wont make alot of power with a charger. Plus I think after some time that noise would really get to you, that was one of the reasons for my sale.

Hector, a clutched m62 fits fine. The probes frame rail ont he passenger side is just as close if not closer to the motor as a mx3 one is. It fits between the rad and motor fine. I remember we had a conversation about this, but you had a eaton m90 charger, that is large and will not fit because of the snout. A clutch m60 or m45 does not have a snout (or a very short one). ND4SPD, the xterra or and the nissan small trucks truck uses a snouted m62 charger. Same as the mercedes m60 chargers

If people are seriously interested in making a supercharger kit, I assembled mine for just over 2000$ CAD. I have some plans and pictures demonstrating what to do. Contact me if you wish.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

No there is room, people are to afraid to cut, or try different parts you could get enough room to put a supercharger like a vortech in that area...

Don't remember the year Miata (maybe 95) radiator is the same length as the but its shorter, thickness is about the same. That gets you a few inches of play. Or you could go with a radiator from lets say a Honda, get a racing performance one thats nice and thick and will cool the engine (they can I've seen them used). You just have to fab up brackets to mount it (not that hard) and extend some coolant piping (good more time its not in the engine the cooler it stays). Add a Nice Slim line fan to cool, and after your done mounting the supercharger, I would see about mounting another fan to blow on the engine if need be. Nothing wrong with more Air.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “Forced Induction”