cracked side mirror

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
back alley

cracked side mirror

Post by back alley »

ok, so i get into my car yesterday and my driver's side mirror is cracked. now what do i do?? can the mirror be replaced or do i have to replace the whole unit? anyone know the degree of difficulty for this job?<BR>thanks for any info.
Postman2K

Re: cracked side mirror

Post by Postman2K »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by back alley:<BR><STRONG>ok, so i get into my car yesterday and my driver's side mirror is cracked. now what do i do?? can the mirror be replaced or do i have to replace the whole unit? anyone know the degree of difficulty for this job?<BR>thanks for any info.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey Back Alley, very easy to do. have you removed the broken pieces? use a hair dryer to help remove the pieces. hopefully the adhesive is still useful. i'm sure you can find a driver's side mirror at a local junkyard. then reverse the process, by useing the hair dryer to stick the mirror back on.
2007 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Phantom Blue Mica) - DAILY DRIVER
2004 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Passion Lava Orange) - FOR SALE
1994 Mazda Mx-3 GS (Laguna Blue) - RETIRED/JUNKED
1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS (Dark blue) - SOLD
back alley

Re: cracked side mirror

Post by back alley »

thanks!<BR>i checked the online manual and found the info too. now i just need to wait for the temperature to rise to something warmer than tonite's predicted -25c.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”