take a look at this klze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
v6powered

take a look at this klze

Post by v6powered »

I just bought a klze engine, removed the klde from my mx3 this weekend and worked a little bit on the engine.
I removed also the intake manifold of the klze, and, i got shocked. Its so black inside, is that normal for klze engines?

I removed the IM from the KLDE, and it looked like this:

Have i bought a damaged engine or is this ok? This looks like he burns oil or something similar...

No discussion about my english :D it isnt my main language :)
tmac4t4

Re: take a look at this klze

Post by tmac4t4 »

how many miles are on the motor??
ImageImageImageImage
colinf004

Post by colinf004 »

depending on the kms, I could determine the problem..

it looks like its been over 200,000kms
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

looks like tired klze to me, wouldn't hurt to rebuild it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
v6powered

Post by v6powered »

the seller says 80-100 000km that should be max. 60 000miles
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

looks fine its a used motor.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
v6powered

Post by v6powered »

orly? the klde looks much better. does anybody has pictures of his klze for comparing them?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It looks like it had a bad PVC valve.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
v6powered

Post by v6powered »

what do you mean with bad pcv valve?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

The PCV valve regulates the amount of oil/ gas vapor that gets sucked into your IM. If it's bad, it will allow alot of it through. It's not neccessarily bad, but better if it doesn't happen. When you rebuild it, put in a new PCV (Positive Crankcase VEntilation) valve, and for extra protection, put in a catch can. I can build you a catch can that will guarantee that that will never happen again.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
v6powered

Post by v6powered »

so what should i do, i have a warranty on this engine, should i better swap for a better engine, but it would cost 200$ shipping cost. or would you definitely say that this isnt a healthy klze :/
ok thanks, i now know which valve you mean.
a catch can would be nice, send me a message with a price for this (including shipping to germany :) )
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

It's pretty gunky inside that intake manifold and intake portion of the head. Jesse is probably right that it had a bad PCV valve or the motor has high k. Pull the valvecover and take a look at the condition there. Here is what my KLZE's looked like upon arrival (I pick these by hand):

Newest KL (guessing under 60,000km):

Previous KLZE Valvetrain (Under 60,000km):

My FIRST KLZE, that I returned because I didn't like its condition, use this as a gauge, I think it had over 120,000km on it:

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

To lazy to edit..

Anyways, I would say no to the motor, hold out for a better one and save the shipping hassle. If you get this one it may run right, but you will always think in the back of your head that you should have waited. Be patient my friend :)

On the other hand, that DE IM looks nice, any more pics of the motor? I usually ask for pics under the valvecover, that shows me how clean the drivetrain is, whether or not the oil changes have been done on time and how much wear there is.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah. If you don't want to bother with shipping, unless you have to, take some good pics of the cams, and we'll give some more advice. If it was just a bad PCV valve, and it is a low Km engine, it will be fine. The safest route would be to send it back.
v6powered

Post by v6powered »

I have pictures without valve cover, but it doesnt look good in my opinion. My KLDE was completely clear inside.
So I dont know what to do now :/
the klde was burning oil, because he got overheated (dont know if this word exists lol)
so i contacted the seller for warranty, and now got this klze (after 400$ more :/)
i still hope that the engine is ok :(

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”