torque specs on ze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ramsen25

torque specs on ze

Post by ramsen25 »

hey everyone does anyone know where i can get the torque specs on the ze cuz i wanna change all the gaskets and torque em to spec
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: torque specs on ze

Post by Mooneggs »

look through the online shop manual... it lists torque specs - they are the same for the k8 and ze (on just about everything IIRC)

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

cant find em on the manual
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

ramsen25 wrote:cant find em on the manual

I just replaced ALL gaskets on the top end of my K8. Trust me, they're in there.

Check out the 1995 Workshop Manual and browse through section B2. I wouldn't have been able to do the job without it :)! It's important to know the order in which to remove and reinstall the bolts as well, especially for the cylinder heads, camshafts, and valve covers. This will allow them to seat properly. You definitely want to read up on this before diving into, otherwise you'll be back on here asking tons of questions :P .

In all honesty it's like surgery. You have to know the internals before you open her up. Also, have plenty of small bags to put bolts into and tags to mark your vacuum lines and such.

As far as me, everyone on here told me it was a waste of time to re-gasket my K8 bc the time and effort are equal (if not more) to that of the ZE swap. My intention of doing so proved my right in the end because now my engine and I have an understanding of one another and it helped our relationship :lol: . I also feel better knowing I built this engine back up and MY hands worked on it.

I'm a control freak when it comes to this stuff :welder:

But NAYWAYS, follow the torque specs in the manual if you want, (some don't use torque wrenches as they know what the bolts "feel" like when they are just right), but I would suggest using them for now because it took me a while but when I first started the car up, not a single timing issue or anything (except that I'm running fuel rich). Hope this helps you.

Brian
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

awesome thanks alot dude

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”