Tail light brake and runing signals

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Red_Power

Tail light brake and runing signals

Post by Red_Power »

Hi,
I have kind of a stupid question i guess :D Recently i've bought smoked altezas and have a bit of problem know because i'd like to make two braking signals and runing signals work at a same time in each tail light. I've tried to do so, one tail light was working properly, but the other one was'nt working at all... :( May be some one has done such a thing and could help me with that so it would work properly ? ?
Thanks in advance :)
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Tail light brake and runing signals

Post by Ryan »

There are four bulbs in each light. The innermost is an double filament, for running/brake, the next is the reverse, the next is another double, and the outermost is the signal. There are two running/brake lights already.

Why one side wouldn't work and the other would is beyond me. All bad bulbs? wrong bulbs?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Red_Power

Re: Tail light brake and runing signals

Post by Red_Power »

mhm.. i have a european model. US models have 4 bulbs on each side as i know. EU models have 4 bulbs on the left side tail light, the innermost has a single filament, becouse it's fog light, next one's reverse light, next- running/braking light and the last is the signal. The right tail light has 3 bulbs, the innermost is empty. I have done some wiring from the running/brake light ant put the double filament bulb into that empty place and had two running lights on the one side, but while pushing the brake pedal only one bulb lights on on that side, other side did'nt work at all... I can't remember now, but maybe other sides bulb was bad. I'll try to wire it again tomorow and post how everything will go. :?
Hate EU wirings :evil: :lol:

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”