need help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ElectronBlue

need help

Post by ElectronBlue »

K this is my problem hoping someone can help me out..

Well my car is running fine and everything... its the spark plugs and ignition wires are fine even doubled checked with my old ones... this just started to happen now... when i step on the throttle and open it wide two fast it laggs like crazy and doesnt want to gain any rppms it like studders at a certain rpm.. just as if thers no fuel.. i checked and fuel pressure is fine and everything.. but if i ease into the throttle the car runs fine... My thoughts are it could be a Disty problem or fuel filter... any input??
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: need help

Post by fowljesse »

I had this problem. It turned out my disty had weak spark in higher RPMs. I have no idea how to check for this. I Gave in, bit the bullet, and took my car to the stealership, because I'd used ALOT of time trying to figure out the problem.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

hey thanks again and ya i finally was able to finally get home from school and test my spare disty and it was the problem
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Right awn!
Unless yours is a brand new disty, you should do the HEI mod.
If it is brand new, you should do the mod to the old one, and keep the good one just in case.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”