my dohc 1.5

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jon_young

my dohc 1.5

Post by jon_young »

rite guys you lot may have some gd sugestions, can i supercharge or turbo the 1.5 dohc,

and if i can is their any site s that sell the kits
aufgehdraht

Re: my dohc 1.5

Post by aufgehdraht »

from what i know about it you can. that's supposed to be a pretty beefy engine and would be able to handle it no problem. i would still rebuild it and put better internals in it though. you should be able to use eveything that a 1.6l engine uses for the turbo. I'm not for sure on it but everything should match right up.
jon_young

Post by jon_young »

thats cool just need to find a kit now then
jon_young

Post by jon_young »

so would the 323 turbo kit fit on with a few adjustments to teh oil feed and exhuast
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

The B5 and B6 engines are identical in every way except for the shorter stroke of the crank and the connecting rod length. The blocks and heads can have the same castings depending on the model year.The only other difference but won't make any different as far as bolt on accessories it that the '97 -'98 B5 head flow better and have more aggressive cams

Any turbo manifold made for a B6 should be 100% compatible with B5
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

Hey did you buy this car from a guy in cornwall, ON. I'm from Cornwall and there was a guy selling a baby blue mx-3 just down the road from me with a b5 in it...let me know if it's you i can help you out with some stuff i'm starting a shop in cornwall on the side and know the mx-3s very well.
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Savin

Post by Savin »

Jon is from the UK. He has an az-3 with the 1.5.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
jon_young

Post by jon_young »

thank u for ur info, just what ineeded will be able to stat looking in to the turbo build soon
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

jon_young wrote:thank u for ur info, just what ineeded will be able to stat looking in to the turbo build soon
If you are in the UK there is a guy over in Cork, Eire that has basically bolted the B6T turbo hardware to the B5 in his AZ-3 at Stock B6T boost levels he getting the same HP as a stock BPT. He was on the Yahoogroups MX-3 List back in the late 90's, don't think he ever joined MX-3.com
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Yoda wrote:The B5 and B6 engines are identical in every way except for the shorter stroke of the crank and the connecting rod length. The blocks and heads can have the same castings depending on the model year.The only other difference but won't make any different as far as bolt on accessories it that the '97 -'98 B5 head flow better and have more aggressive cams

Any turbo manifold made for a B6 should be 100% compatible with B5
You wouldnt happen to have the specs on those cams would you, yoda?
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”