Money ?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ramsen25

Money ?

Post by ramsen25 »

hey everyone just wanna know how much money people have dropped on the mx3 and in the end was it worth it?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Money ?

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

too hard to measure. Worth to oneself... to the average market? or to the mx community?
if you are thinking about the market value... it is almost always less than the money you put into it. We work on our cars cuz the f'n rule.. not for any resale.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

both mx3s i dropped about 10-12k on total. 1 kfze mx-3 1 klze mx-3

i had fun with both cars and they are just a hobby so i would say anything that makes you happy is worth the money, after all its just paper, they will print more of it.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

thanks guys thats exactly wut i think but my dads like your crazy lol..but it makes me feel good knowing that i built this car myself
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hmm, when we had the Garage option setup here, i think I was over 20k...and that's not including a few of more recent stuff AND i haven't started my engine build, lol.

Is it worth it, yes :D No regrets. Great experience, made alot of friends and alot of connections, have alot of fun, got jobs from that experience...I enjoy the life I live :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

if you want a good resale value you probably should pick up a classic car and restore one. As far as mx-3's theyre good dependable cars and great daily drivers. It's market value doesn't matter to me, I just love mine that's why I still have it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I plan to drive my MX-3 for ever so every penny I spend on it is money I didn't spend buying a new car...which would cost me $35k minimum.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

i calculated all that and right now im at 16100$$$ and is it worth it? maybe, sometimes, some day i think that with that 16k i could of bought a brand new car... and a warranty...and other day i jst wanna put more and more in the car:P...i really like it...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

So far less than $2, 500 but then I have two. Looks like I need to start spending. lol When I buy a house I spend in accordence with the properties market value. I feel the same about cars. My cars get the best with out going over board. Old saying, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
Ok that's just an expression, no reflection on the car. :)
Last edited by Daninski on December 1st, 2008, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Daninski wrote: Old saying, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
Quoted for truth. Sow's ear is maybe a little harsh a comparison for our favorite little 4 wheeled conveyance...but you will never make it a silk purse.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

well over 20,000
1993 White gs klze.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

I look at most of the MX-3's and I see how much they have put in... then I look at mine and don't even want to know nore does the G/F! Although if you do all the work yourself it really minimizes your costs!! I know my MX3 will be my pride and joy that I will have for a long time that will sit in the garage till the weekends and my kids will eventually be riding in the back, that just shows how long I will have it!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

lol u guys have put some serious money into ur mx3's im only at like 4000 so far lol
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I am but a lowly circus performer, living off a small risidual income, and medical research studies.
I bought my stock '93 GS in showroom condition (except a little wear on the clutch pedal) for $2,100, before taxes, etc... Half of what the dealer wanted. I put about $1,000 in maintenance, including oil changes, and timing belt & all that stuff. I have about $3,000 in the fast car, using Thrift store finds, and used parts, doing the labor myself, with the help of Cjthor, and Mooneggs. Cjthor has saved me $100's in labor, and Mooneggs has saved me $100's in parts. Stereoking15 has saved me some $$ in new parts.
After today, I should be getting 200HP, or slightly more at the wheels.
Also, very mentionable; This site! It has saved me hours (days) of labor, hooked me up with the people that help alot, and informed me of things I wouldn't have thought of.
If you haven't donated to the site, yet, do it for X-mas, at least!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

~4000 :) It still looks like just a car...

but I have a new hood almost ready to go on, an swapped engine (but I swapped in a b6 :cry:) a new clutch, and lots of toys... and some sound....
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”